* Images shown are of mature plants
An Elegant Evergreen, Perfect for Privacy
Why Yoshino Japanese Cedar?
Commonly known as Japanese Cedar, the Cryptomeria Yoshino is a fast-growing tree with a symmetrical, columnar form. In summer, its foliage is a beautiful deep green - cold weather and winter winds may add a purple-bronze cast. In its native Japan, this needled evergreen is commonly planted at shrines and temples.
The Japanese Cedar has soft needles that create a fluffy appearance, with spherical cones appearing at the ends. This tall grower will reach a height of 30 to 40 feet at maturity - making it perfect for a privacy hedge and windbreak, or a beautiful background for contrasting accent trees.
The best part about this graceful grower? It's incredibly adaptable, tolerating cold temperatures and poor soil with ease. With no pest or disease problems, it's a low-maintenance evergreen that will be at home in nearly any garden.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
When you order your Yoshino Japanese Cedar from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get a strong, healthy tree that's been nurtured with care before it ships to you. Your Japanese Cedar will be ready to thrive in your landscape on day one, adding evergreen color, privacy and more.
Don’t miss out on fast, evergreen growth and attractive privacy. Order your own Yoshino Japanese Cedar today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Yoshino Japanese Cedars are tough and adapt well to a variety of soils and climates, although they'll grow best in moist, well-draining soil. They will thrive with little care from zones 5 to 8.
Your Yoshino will grow best in an area with full sun, although it can tolerate partial shade. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole the same width and depth of the Yoshino's root ball, ensuring that the sides of the hole are level or lower than the base of the tree where the roots begin. Place your tree in the hole and fill with the dirt you removed.
If necessary, insert a stake into the ground next to the tree, tying the trunk to the stake to add support until its roots are established. Water thoroughly to ensure that the soil is moist.
2. Watering: Water regularly while your tree is establishing to ensure strong, healthy roots. When mature, Yoshino Japanese Cedar should get a minimum of an inch of water each week (generally, running the hose for 30 seconds to one minute is advised).
3. Fertilizing: Prior to any new growth in the spring, apply an acidic fertilizer. Always mix and apply according to the label directions.
4. Pruning: Your Yoshino Japanese Cedar will grow naturally symmetrical and columnar, so won't require much pruning. Prune back any dead or diseased branches at the start of summer and continue to prune as needed to shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||30-40 ft.|
|Mature Width:||20-30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Cryptomeria japonica 'Yoshino'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|