* Images shown are of mature plants
Reliable Harvests, Even in the Coldest Regions
Why Reliance Peach Trees?
You’ll get healthy harvests of peaches, even in the coldest parts of the country. Because the Reliance Peach Tree is the cold hardiest variety on the market, you can feel confident knowing that an early or particularly cold winter for your region won't harm your sturdy cultivar.
After all, it's called Reliance Peach for a reason. The tolerance, durability and reliability of this tree is second to none, especially since you get a harvest of 15 to 30 lbs. each year in almost any weather. Plus, the fruit you’ll get is absolutely delicious.
Some peaches are overly tart, but Reliance Peaches are sweet and mild without being overpowering. And they boast the firm texture expected of a perfect peach. They’re freestone too, which means you can easily remove the stone inside without effort.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Since our Reliance is a dwarf variety, it fits perfectly in your landscape. And a late harvest means you can welcome in autumn with sweet, summery peaches that you picked in August. But the best part is that the extra work we do at our nursery makes it an ideal starter tree, easy to maintain as it grows. We closely monitor and care for our Reliance Peach Trees so that they’re ready to acclimate to your garden right away and produce fruit several years sooner than other varieties.
Feel the pride and joy of growing your very own peaches. It doesn't matter if you're in the East or West, or somewhere in between – you can grow a Reliance Peach Tree and enjoy your own harvest of sweet, juicy peaches within as little as two years. Order yours today!
Reliance Peach Tree Pollination
Reliance Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Reliance Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Reliance in well-drained soil and in a full sun area (receiving at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Be sure to protect from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets that may have formed. Gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered. Water the planting site and mulch to help retain moisture in the soil.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Reliance moist. Watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: Your Reliance will need to be pruned the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and making your cuts at a 45-degree angle.
Trim away any broken/dead branches and any that are criss-crossing by making your cut right below the dead wood.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica 'Reliance'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, ID, LA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|