* Images shown are of mature plants
The Hummingbird's Favorite Tree
Why Mimosa Trees?
Beauty in bloom takes center stage on this opulent, small-to-medium ornamental. For starters, it attracts hummingbirds like no other tree we've ever seen, making it ideal for placing anywhere in your garden.
Plus, Mimosa Trees rapidly grow to about 20 to 25 feet in height. No-nonsense care merges with undeniable good looks for the total package. And though they have a tropical look, they're very hardy and adapt to almost any soil type. They are drought tolerant and can be planted in full sun or partial shade, so they define ease and elegance.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
And their fragrant, hot pink blooms grow in clusters, adding an explosion of color and excitement to any spring setting. Although Mimosa Trees tend to have very little branching in the first few years, this isn't a concern - as your tree becomes more mature, branching will increase.
Especially since we've planted, grown and shipped it with absolute care. Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery with more developed roots and branching, delivered right to your door.
Also known as the 'Silk Tree' because of its stunning, shimmering flowers, this tree wows. Order your own today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Soil testing is always recommended when planting a new plant. However, mimosa trees are highly adaptable to many different environments (except for salty soils). Your location should have well-draining soil and receive full sunlight (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
Dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. This will allow the roots to spread through the loosened soil in the early stages. Gradually back fill your hole with the amended soil and gently firm the soil down with a shovel. Make sure not to pile higher than the soil level, or crown, where the tree's roots meet the trunk. Water your planting site deeply with a slow trickling hose. You'll want to water enough in order to saturate down to about an inch below the soil.
2. Watering: It's very important that you water your Mimosa sparingly. The need for watering should only be during excessive dry spells. A steady flow of water from a hose for about 10 to 15 minutes, once every two weeks, should be enough.
3. Fertilizing: When fertilizing your Mimosa, select an all-natural, organic, slow-release tree fertilizer. Fertilize in the early part of the spring growing season when it's not too hot or cold. Check your forecast to be sure no heavy rainfall will occur within a couple of days of applying the fertilizer. Apply to the soil according to the package instructions.
4. Pruning: Your Mimosa will not require very much attention but could benefit from some minor pruning in the fall season. Remove branches growing along the lower trunk area at a 45-degree angle with sterilized pruning shears just beyond the neck collar (where the limb connects to the trunk). Thinner branches should be cut 3 to 5 inches from the end of the limb to promote thicker canopy growth.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-25 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Albizia julibrissin Durazz|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,FL,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
will buy mofre from this company
love it...branches out well..def fast growing
Very healthy tree
I had a great experience ordering the mimosa tree from Fast Growing Trees. The tree arrived just a couple of days after the order was placed. It was very nicely packed in a big box, and survived the transportation just fine. I planted the tree and it's doing great. It looks healthy and looks beautiful. Highly recommend.
A great purchase!
My new tree arrived in good time and in great condition. It is growing so nicely. I’m very pleased.
We bought 2 and one came broken. I called and they were very nice. Have not received the replacement yet because it’s on back order. Hope we receive it soon
Still early to say , but they are doing great . Already have a bunch of secondary branches on them .