* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Big Pollinator Power in a Small Package!
You don't need a lot of space to turn your landscape into a pollinator paradise! The compact Lo and Behold® 'Blue Chip' Butterfly Bush, an award-winner from Proven Winners®, has everything you love about this flowering shrub - in a miniature form.
The Lo & Behold® 'Blue Chip' is known for its fragrant, blue-purple flower cones and its dwarf size. The sweet-smelling flowers, which last from the middle of summer until the first frost, appeal to both butterflies and hummingbirds. The versatile size and shape of this variety makes it perfect for walkways, containers, or other small spaces.
The 'Blue Chip' Butterfly Bush is smaller than other Butterfly Bushes, reaching an average height and spread of two to two-and-a-half feet. And it's low maintenance - unlike similar bushes, you won't have to prune it to ensure it maintains its neat, naturally round shape. And you don't need to deadhead your flowers to encourage repeat blooms - the Lo & Behold® 'Blue Chip' Butterfly Bush will keep flowering all season long.
Another plus? This Butterfly Bush is non-invasive - so you can plant the 'Blue Chip' throughout your landscape without worrying about uncontrolled spread.
Add color to compact areas and create a pollinator paradise with the Lo & Behold® 'Blue Chip' Butterfly Bush. Get yours today!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
The Lo & Behold® 'Blue Chip' is highly adaptable and will tolerate most growing conditions, including clay and sandy soils. It's a drought-tolerant plant that requires little water once established. That means there's no guesswork for you.
But the best part is that we’ve nurtured your Lo & Behold® 'Blue Chip' Butterfly Bush since day one. We grow and carefully ship each Butterfly Bush, so that you get proven performance as soon as it arrives at your door.
Your Lo & Behold® 'Blue Chip' Butterfly Bush will give you seasons of long-lasting purple blooms - and unbeatable pollinator attraction. Get your own today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives ample sunlight. These plants prefer 6+ hours of direct sunlight daily.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Back fill with a mixture of native soil and compost. These plants like rich soil, so you can use a 50/50 mixture of compost and native soil to add additional nutrients. Water after every few inches to settle the soil and remove any air pockets that may have formed. Tamp the soil well when done.
Water well when done and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer unless you are dealing with poor soil conditions. If that is the case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and be certain to water deeply afterward.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. You can remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms, although you don't need to deadhead this variety. The Lo & Behold® 'Blue Chip' Butterfly Bush will retain its neat shape without pruning.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-2.5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-2.5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia x 'Blue Chip'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|