* Images shown are of mature plants
Bi-Color Yellow-Cream Azalea Welcomes Spring
Why Lemon Lights Azalea Shrubs?
Delivering a profusion of yellow-cream blooms to welcome spring, the Lemon Lights Azalea lives up to its name, giving you huge flowers that cover your garden in a crisp, eye-catching blanket of vibrancy.
Deep green foliage lends the perfect backdrop for plant beds, unique borders, or foundation plantings. But no matter where you plant them, the Lemon Lights brings stunning floral volume plus cold-hardy strength since it thrives all the way down to growing zone 4, tolerating temperatures as low as -20 degrees.
Even better is the fact that it's ideal for tight garden spaces. With a manageable mature height and width, the Lemon Lights provides big color without needing a ton of space.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from their good looks and ability to grow without hassle, your Lemon Lights Azaleas arrive ready to thrive. Our nursery grows your plants larger than most nurseries or big box stores.
Your Azaleas are up to a year older than ones you'll find elsewhere - so, the roots are well-developed, healthier, and ready to promote heavy blooming when you plant them around your home. Especially when you order our largest sizes!
So, don’t wait – get a plant that embodies the good looks of spring without a ton of upkeep. Get your own Lemon Lights Azalea today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These Azaleas can thrive in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) but will need protection from the hot sun in warmer climates. Well-drained soil is also important for your shrub to thrive.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted and place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets. Finally, water again once you’re done planting and mulch the area to help conserve moisture.
FGT Tip: Azaleas love acidic soil. If you have soil that isn’t acidic, like clay, simply buy additives (organic matter, fresh coffee grounds, etc.) to amend it. You can also plant your Azalea in a container, where you can control the soil type!
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice or three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, they will need watering every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
If you’re not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil. Stick your finger into the surrounding soil, about 3 or 4 inches down – if the soil here is dry, water your Azalea.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub with a slow-release fertilizer that’s made for Azaleas, at some point in the early spring. Follow label instructions as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: These shrubs need very little pruning. If you need to prune the plant for shaping, prune after the plant has finished its spring flowering. Once plants are well-established, light annual pruning can be done to stimulate growth and blooming.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Rhododendron 'Lemon Lights'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-7 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|