* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
A Vibrant-Blooming Garden Favorite
Why Karen Azalea Shrubs?
A garden favorite due to its vibrant flowers and surprisingly hardy nature, this azalea provides bold color, with rich lavender pink-flowers and bright green foliage.
The Karen Azalea adds beauty to gardens and landscapes year-round. Spring brings a delicate bloom of brilliantly pink flowers, which turn burgundy in the fall. Bright green foliage lasts year-round, for evergreen color. Plus, hummingbirds and butterflies love this azalea, turning your garden into one bursting with life and color.
For best results, plant in groups in partial shade - the Karen Azalea is a great border plant in garden beds. Karen prefers well-draining, acidic soil, and works well in zen gardens, cottage gardens and other calm and relaxing landscapes. Plus, it's extremely hardy - it's easy-care and can thrive down to Zone 4.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Good-looking and ready to thrive, your Karen Azaleas arrive ready to thrive. Nurtured with care at our nursery, our Karen Azaleas are stronger, healthier and larger than plants you'll get at your local garden center or big box store.
These Azaleas are up to a year older than ones you'll find elsewhere - so the roots are well-developed, healthier, and ready to promote heavy blooming.
Don’t wait – get a plant that embodies the good looks of spring without the work. Get your own Karen Azalea today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These Azaleas can thrive in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) but will need protection from the hot sun in warmer climates. Well-drained soil is also important for your shrub to thrive.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted and place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets. Finally, water again once you’re done planting and mulch the area to help conserve moisture.
FGT Tip: Azaleas love acidic soil. If you have soil that isn’t acidic, like clay, simply buy additives (organic matter, fresh coffee grounds, etc.) to amend it. You can also plant your Azalea in a container, where you can control the soil type!
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice or three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, they will need watering every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
If you’re not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil. Stick your finger into the surrounding soil, about 3 or 4 inches down – if the soil here is dry, water your Azalea.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Azalea shrub with a slow-release fertilizer that’s made for Azaleas, at some point in the early spring. Follow label instructions as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: These shrubs need very little pruning. If you need to prune the plant for shaping, prune after the plant has finished its spring flowering. Once plants are well-established, light annual pruning can be done to stimulate growth and blooming.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Azalea x 'Karen'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Karen Azalea
Karen Azalea Shrub
My new azalea arrived in perfect condition, as has all my deliveries from Fast Growing Trees. I planted my azalea as soon as it arrived and, so far, it is doing great. I wish I could have purchased this azalea in a larger size, since 1 gallon is very small, but I look forward to my little Karen Azalea growing as the years pass.
As always, service is great....plant arrived in perfect shape! Love purchasing from this company. Never disappointed.
overall experience was great....website gave all info I needed ...online purchase easy...email communication timely... plant packaged really well....shrub in the ground and very happy....