* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Sweet, Juicy & Frost-Hardy Apricots
A late-blooming tree that's resistant to frost and common diseases like brown rot and canker, the Harcot Apricot Tree is one of the strongest varieties available.
Plus, it's one of the most flavorful apricots on the market. Not only is it virtually carefree and easy-growing - it's also sweet and juicy, with a rich flavor that's second to none. This medium-large fruit is perfect for eating right off the branches or saving for your favorite recipes.
And since it's a semi-dwarf variety, the Harcot Apricot Tree is well-suited for nearly any space. Smaller garden areas and landscapes without a large amount of space are ideal for the Harcot Apricot Tree.
Your Harcot Apricot Tree is groomed and nurtured so that when it arrives, it will be ready to perform the first summer in your garden.
We've ensured it leaves our nursery with a healthier, more developed root system and better branching, giving you fruit that's consistent in flavor and size year after year.
Your tree is carefully sourced and well-packed to arrive in great condition, ready to thrive. Don't wait - get your Harcot Apricot Tree today!
NOTE: This product is specific to California. Find Harcot Apricots available in other states.
Harcot Apricot Tree Pollination
Harcot Apricot Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Harcot Apricot Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Full to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of sun) and well-drained soil ensure your Harcot Apricot will thrive.
To plant, dig your hole shallower than the root ball and at least twice the width. After the hole is finished, loosen the soil in the planting hole so the roots can break through easily. Then, place your tree, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water about once weekly. However, if you get around an inch of rainfall every 10 days or so during the growing season, additional watering should be unnecessary.
If you’re not sure how much water the tree needs, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down - if it's dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizer: If you’re planting during the fall season, wait until the spring to use fertilizer. With nutrient-rich soil, fertilizer is unnecessary until your tree begins bearing fruit. After fruiting starts, an application of high-nitrogen fertilizer is recommended.
4. Pruning: Prune each year during the dormant season. If you’re located in growing zones 6 or farther north, wait to prune your tree until the late winter. When you do prune, make sure you’re pruning in an 'open center' shape, which keeps the tree’s canopy open for light purposes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus armeniaca 'Harcot'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Beautiful, well developed tree
I chose this apricot tree because of its disease resistance and later blooming characteristics to avoid frost damage. My first choice, the Mormon Chinese Apricot, was sold out at the time. This tree is beautiful and well developed. It was packaged well for shipping and arrived in great shape. It is so much larger than some trees I ordered elsewhere, that it was well worth the larger price. I would recommend plants from Fastgrowingtrees.com
Exceeded my expectations!
I have ordered from you before, NEVER disappointed, but this tree was gorgeous, I went for the 4-5' tree and got a 7 foot beauty, full, green, healthy, lush. Nothing broken. This is exactly why I buy from FGT exclusively. It's in the ground (zip 65624) and hasn't missed a beat.
Absolutely can’t wait