* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
All the Best Parts of a Plum and an Apricot!
Get fresh-tasting Pluot fruits right from your garden with this Flavor Queen Pluot tree. The Pluot, with greenish-yellow skin and amber flesh, is loved for its a candy-like taste and prolific fruit production. And the best part? It combines the best parts of plums and apricots into one fruit!
This semi-dwarf tree features green foliage, and it blooms from early March to April with beautiful white flowers. Fruits will ripen in July, producing up to 50 lbs. of tasty Pluots.
Harvest in late summer, and you'll enjoy fruits that are great for making jelly and jam or eating fresh. You can also add them to salads and homemade baked goods. A hybrid of apricot and plum, Pluots provide nutrients and minerals like fiber, vitamin C, and potassium.
Pluots typically bear fruit in 2-3 years, and they do require a pollinator - Japanese Plum Trees and other plum hybrids work well.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
When you order your Flavor Queen Pluot from Fast Growing Trees, you'll get juicy fruit and a tree that's ready to thrive in your backyard orchard.
That’s because we’ve grown and nurtured your Flavor Queen at our nursery from day one, so it’s ready to take off when it arrives at your door. Plus, unlike other nurseries and garden centers, we never ship bare root.
When it comes to creating a mini orchard in your garden, the Flavor Queen has it all. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Flavor Queen Pluot in well-draining soil and in an area with 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day, in proximity to another early-blooming plum tree for pollination.
Dig a hole that is twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. Place your tree, backfill your soil and water to settle the roots. Mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Unless you live in a dry area, your Flavor Queen Pluot can survive on rainfall alone - these drought-tolerant trees don't like to be overwatered. When you do water, use a garden hose at a slow trickle.
3. Fertilizing: During the first few years, you can add balanced fertilizer at the beginning of spring. However, it is not necessary to fertilize your tree once it begins to bear fruit.
4. Pruning: Your Flavor Queen Pluot only requires light pruning in winter to get rid of dead branches. You can also do some additional pruning to lighten the branches or maintain a neat shape, but it is not necessary.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||18-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||18-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus x 'Flavor Queen'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,WA,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
So Far so Good!
It took 11 days to ship but it arrived! The tree is at LEAST 8-10’ tall. Was exciting to get a bigger tree! Looks good so far. We’ll see how it does adfter transplant. Got squished in box and doesn’t look as perky as other trees have from FGT. Fingers crossed!
verry nice tree
was a very good tree would buy this one again
Love It. Cheers
Great tree thank you FastGrowingTrees. Cheers