* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Full-Part Sun (4-6 Hours Sunlight)|
|Botanical Name:||Hydrangea paniculata ‘Fire Light’|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Huge Panicle Blooms on a Compact Hydrangea
Why Fire Light® Hydrangeas?
Panicle hydrangeas have pyramidal cone-shaped flowers that are produced on deciduous, upright plants. Fire Light Hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata 'SMHPFL' FIRE LIGHT®) is covered with panicle flowers that actually change color over the growing season! Starting as creamy-white in summer, the individual florets that make up each panicle cluster transition to a rich rose-pink and finish as a deep pinkish-red by autumn!
• Long bloom season. Unlike some perennial shrubs, which bloom for only a short period, Fire Light Hydrangea has a long bloom season. Its flowers typically begin in summer and last through autumn. Even the dried flower heads add interest to a winter landscape.
• Exceptional cold-tolerance. This is not a delicate plant; it withstands winter's cold and freezing temperatures to USDA plant hardiness zone 3. Even late-spring frosts won't kill the developing flower buds because Fire Light Hydrangea blooms on the "new wood" that's produced during the current growing season.
• Cut flowers or dried flowers. The large flower panicles are stunning in any fresh-flower arrangement, but you can also dry the flowers to use in everlasting arrangements. Cut flowers at the peak of their bloom, tie the stems together loosely and hang them upside-down in a cool, dark area (such as a closet).
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You get all of these benefits because we've nurtured and hand-picked your Fire Hydrangea for proven results. Now, a reliable performer is delivered directly to your doorstep.
A healthy, eye-catching shrub will arrive at your home, ready to plant and burst forth with second-to-none blooms quickly.
Don't wait - get a repeat, reliable bloomer that's unlike any other variety found at your local garden center or nursery. Order your Fire Light® Hydrangea Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose an area with at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and well-drained soil. Then, dig a hole that’s at least two to three times wider than the root ball, place the tree, backfill its soil, and lastly, water to help establish its roots.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the size of your plant's shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes.
2. Watering: Water your Hydrangea thoroughly about once a week. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: Pruning is not necessary, but if you’d like to shape your Hydrangea, prune it in late winter or early spring.
4. Fertilizer: Apply a time-released fertilizer once or twice in the summer.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|