* Images shown are of mature plants
Livens the Landscape
- Lovely, deep burgundy foliage
- Vivid Red Flowers
- Early blooms are highly fragrant
- Awesome specimen plant for containers & borders
- Drought tolerant and disease resistant
The Ever Red Evergreen
Now you can bring contrast to your landscape with incredible color that lasts throughout the year. Introducing the Ever Red Loropetalum: A stunning evergreen with dark burgundy, oval-shaped foliage. The rich, maroon leaves placed against practically any backdrop will make your landscape stand out among all others. The Ever Red's floral display begins in late winter, as wonderfully scented, deep red blooms invade your shrub for an unforgettable show of color. Like few other shrubs, the beauty and charm of the Ever Red Loropetalum is there for you to admire all year long.
Containers, Foundations and Borders...Oh my
The burst of color that the Ever Red Lorapetalum lends to its surroundings makes it a key component in creating the most scenic landscape achievable. Its compact size makes it ideal for planting in containers or using its colorful foliage and blooms to create picturesque foundations and mixed-shrub borders. The interplay between burgundies and reds makes this one of the most outstanding shrub options available.
With ease of maintenance and continuous blooms from fall through the end of summer, make your next evergreen an Ever Red.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You can plant the loropetalum at any time of the year in an area with full or partial sun. It prefers well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide as your plant's shipped container, and equally as deep. Place your loropetalum in the hole, and backfill with soil, tamping down to remove air pockets. Water well after planting.
2. Watering: Water your loropetalum thoroughly after planting, and keep watering your bush once or twice a week until it establishes. Be sure to mulch the roots if you live in an area with extreme temperatures.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your loropetalum with a slow-release, balanced fertilizer in spring to ensure healthy growth.
4. Pruning: No pruning is needed, but your loropetalum can tolerate heavy pruning if you want to shape it, remove dead branches, or conform with your landscape setting. Pruning is best done after the flowering season - avoid pruning in early spring or winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Loropetalum chinense|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|