* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
A Jewel-Toned Evergreen Bursting With Landscaping Potential
Add unbeatable color to your landscape with this evergreen shrub. It boasts a compact, mounded shape covered with striking burgundy foliage. In spring, bright fuschia string blooms steal the show, making this bush a great candidate for everything from patio containers to garden beds.
In a container, pair this Loropetalum with tall-growing plants for a full, lush look - your Purple Daydream will fall gently over the sides. This bright-blooming Loropetalum is also perfect for mass plantings, or in a row along privacy hedges or borders. Its unique color provides a fantastic backdrop for other evergreens, and its compact size means you can pair with shorter groundcover or tall hedges.
The biggest benefit of this versatile evergreen? It's disease-, deer-, and pest-resistant, so you’ll get to reap the benefits of a flowering evergreen with little maintenance.
The best part about your Purple Daydream Loropetalum? It's been grown and nurtured with care at our nursery, before it ships to you. That means you'll get a happy, healthy shrub that's ready to grow on day one - shipped straight to your door.
The Purple Daydream Loropetalum will fill your landscape with bright spring blooms and rich foliage that adds color even after other plants have faded. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You can plant the Purple Diamond Loropetalum at any time of the year in an area with full or partial sun. It prefers well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide as your plant's shipped container, and equally as deep. Place your Loropetalum in the hole, and backfill with soil, tamping down to remove air pockets. Water well after planting.
2. Watering: Water your Loropetalum thoroughly after planting, and keep watering your bush once or twice a week until it establishes. Be sure to mulch the roots if you live in an area with extreme temperatures. After establishing, your Loropetalum will be impressively drought-tolerant.
When grown in hanging baskets or containers, you’ll need to water it more frequently.
3. Fertilizing: You can feed your Loropetalum with fertilizer after bloom to encourage fast and healthy growth.
4. Pruning: No pruning is needed, but the Loropetalum can tolerate heavy pruning if you want to shape it, remove dead branches, or conform with your landscape setting. Pruning is best done after the flowering season - avoid pruning in early spring or winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Loropetalum chinense ‘PIILC-III’ PP25471|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|