* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Huge Early-Season Production of Sweet Freestone Fruit
Consistently rated as one of the most delicious nectarine varieties available, the Double Delight lives up to its name, delivering flavorful fruit and an eye-catching ornamental favorite that's easy to grow.
A profusion of double pink blooms transition to dark, red-tinted freestone fruit. These sweet nectarines have an unusually rich flavor, making them ideal for baking and canning or eating fresh off the branches.
Plus, this heavy-bearing tree is self-fertile, meaning you don't need a ton of space to get a huge home-grown bounty of your own (though more trees mean even more fruit). This low-chill favorite is a prolific producer that bears fruit early, meaning a longer season of harvests.
And you won't have to deal with high-maintenance care since this variety is easygoing. Don't wait - order your Double Delight Nectarine today!
NOTE: This product is specific to California. Find Double Delight Nectarines available in other states.
Double Delight Nectarine Tree Pollination
Double Delight Nectarine Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Double Delight Nectarine Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your nectarine tree in well-drained soil in a location where it will receive full sun (at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Heavy winds and early frosts can damage the blossoms, so be sure to protect your tree by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
From there, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Amend the soil around the hole with compost to ensure the tree has proper drainage.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around the tree moist but not saturated. Watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a few minutes is generally sufficient.
3. Fertilizing: After your tree has been in the ground for six weeks and the danger of frost has passed, apply a well-balanced fertilizer formula, such as 12-12-12.
4. Pruning: Prune the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and making your cuts at a 45-degree angle.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-18 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica var. neupersica 'Double Delight'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|