* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Amazing Fall Color That’s California-Grown
Why Chinese Pistache Trees?
If you’re looking for the vivid reds, oranges, and yellows of autumn, look no further: The Chinese Pistache Tree is an ornamental shade tree that delivers absolutely dazzling tones. And best of all, because it’s grown right in California, it’s perfect for your landscape.
Imagine the beauty of the Chinese Pistache’s foliage in your yard, with brilliant displays that last into December. New leaves emerge in late March to early April, with lustrous green hues in an upright, rounded silhouette. As your tree ages, its bark becomes a focal point, developing deep fissures for more visual interest.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The biggest benefit of your Chinese Pistache is its origins, however – because it’s been planted, grown and shipped with the utmost care, roots intact and perks aplenty, it’s the best of the best. Your Chinese Pistache has been hand-picked and nurtured so it thrives at your home, with a consistent size, shape, and quality that only we can deliver.
With the Chinese Pistache, you can expect low-maintenance elegance – you get the promise of dependability because the extra work has already been completed. Transform your California landscape with your own Chinese Pistache Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Though your Chinese Pistache Tree boasts hard, rot-resistant wood and tolerance for soil, climate and more, it’s important to keep a few best practices in mind. Note: Young trees may need staking and grow slowly for the first few years, which is beneficial for acclimation to your landscape.
When you’re ready to plant, choose a full sun location (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and dig a hole that’s at least two to three times the size of your tree’s root ball. After placing your tree, backfill the soil, tamp down to ensure air pockets are eliminated and water your tree.
Well-drained soil is preferable, but the Chinese Pistache Tree is not fussy and tolerates most soil types.
2. Watering: Water your Chinese Pistache Tree once weekly or every 10 days during summer, tapering down to a monthly watering during winter. You should also allow your soil to dry on the surface between waterings.
3. Fertilizing: Chinese Pistache Trees under 5 years old should be fed in early spring with a nitrogen-based fertilizer.
4. Pruning: A bit of careful structural pruning may be helpful in the early years of your Chinese Pistache Tree’s growth – this helps it to develop an even canopy and proper branch spacing.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||25-40 ft.|
|Mature Width:||25-30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Pistachia chinesnsis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,GA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- front yard
- maple tree
The trees and plants from fast growing trees are always healthy.
We are very happy. We can’t wait to see them start growing. Your customer service is amazing. We have purchased a Crepe Myrtle from you also. And will purchase more tree in the future.
I planted it as soon as it arrived. I had already prepared the hole. Used the root booster. It has been less than 3 weeks and it already has new growth. I'm very excited.
Just go it planted and it seems to be doing well, I'm very excited to watch it grow.
A few branches broken during shipment or while packing, but nothing serious. I planted immediately and it has survived the hot Florida heat for over two weeks while putting on new growth. It is replacing a maple tree in our front yard. I am very optimistic that this tree will continue to grow and and bring beauty to our home.