* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Showy Spring Blooms and Easy, Non-Invasive Growth
Looking for a flowering tree for your landscape? The Chastity Pear delivers, with multiple seasons of elegant good looks.
This ornamental Pear Tree features dark-green, glossy leaves that change to hues of orange and red in fall, adding dramatic color to your space from summer to fall. The best part? In spring, the Chastity will bloom with showy white flowers.
Growing in a neat, pyramidal shape, the Chastity Pear Tree makes a perfect a street, screen, or specimen tree. And unlike the Bradford (Callery) Pear, this Pear Tree isn't invasive. A triploid variety bred specifically to prevent weediness and promote strong growth, this pretty and hardy ornamental will give your yard a stunning view, without the concerns of other flowering Pear Trees.
Strong, non-invasive growth and beauty from spring through fall - what more could you ask for in an ornamental Pear Tree? Get yours today!
The Chastity Pear was developed as a strong and hardy grower - and when you get yours from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get a tree that's been nurtured and grown with care, for even more consistent performance. You won't be able to say the same about ornamental Pear Trees from your local big box store or garden center.
Your Chastity Pear will deliver three seasons of beauty, paired with easy, low-maintenance growth for your landscape. Order your Chastity Pear Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Chastity Pear Trees like full sun to partial shade (4 to 8 hours of sunlight) to thrive and once established after the first growing season, they're drought tolerant and need little attention.
Dig your hole twice as wide and as deep as the depth of the root ball. Place your tree, fill in the soil, and water to settle the roots. Mulch the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water regularly while your Chastity Pear Tree is establishing. After established, water your tree once or twice weekly (more often in periods of drought). If the leaves feel brittle or start turning brown around the edges, increase to watering twice a week.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the fall when the tree starts to go dormant, about six weeks prior to the first frost of the season. You can use a general-purpose, balanced fertilizer such as 10-10-10 or similar.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune is in the fall season. Remove any low branching that grows up from the base of the tree, as well as any dead or damaged branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||35 ft.|
|Mature Width:||25 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Pyrus x triploida 'NCPX2' P.A.F.|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|