Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Fruits 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea 'Arbequina'
- Does Not Ship To:
Tasty Olives Plus Fast Growth
Why Arbequina Olive Trees?The promise of fresh, healthy olives. Arbequinas are popular because of their flavor, but they also have a high concentration of healthy, antioxidant-rich oils. You can get up to 20 pounds of olives each year to enjoy in your salads and add to your favorite recipes.
Plus, they grow nearly anywhere. They're seldom bothered by pests and will grow organically, no matter where you live. Even better? Arbequinas grow indoors year-round. These trees are semi-deciduous, meaning they only drop their leaves in extreme cold and tolerate 20-degree weather. Grown indoors, they'll keep their leaves throughout the winter.
You can plant them outdoors in areas with temperatures as low as 10 degrees, if they're blocked from northern winds. If you're up North, place them in a container and bring them indoors during the harshest weeks of winter, moving them outdoors again during the summer months.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is BetterFor starters, Arbequinas are self-pollinating, so you only need one to produce fruit, though extra trees mean an even bigger bounty. And best of all, our trees are started from branch cuttings instead of seeds, so you'll have olives several years sooner. Your tree is grown and shipped in its own container with all of its roots intact, so your tree is ready to grow quickly and fruit. We’ve done the extra work so that you can enjoy a healthful, productive tree even sooner.
Order your own Arbequina while they're still available!
Arbequina Olive Tree Pollination
Arbequina Olive Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Arbequina Olive Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
- pollinator pack
- house warming gift
I received the trees in good condition and planted them. They seem to be growing well.
I love my trees!
I ordered the pollinator pack and am love the trees. Both were carefully packaged and arrived quickly and undamaged, although some of the soil had come out during shipping. I’ve planted these in pots in front of my housing they can grow a bit while I decide whether to plant them in the yar and if so, where. ( I live in S. FL). The arbequina has just bloomed and I’m looking forward to watching the olives develop. Health looking trees- I wouldn’t hesitate to order from Fast Growing Trees in the future!
Not as expected
I bought the trees as a house warming gift for a family member. They arrived not at all as I would have expected! The trees were literally a long stick 5-6’ tall with small sparse branches. I purchased 2 and probably wouldn’t buy again.
We're sorry to hear that your olive trees were not as expected! Can you send us some photos so we can take a look and help out with this?
Arbequina Olive Tree
The shipping was fast and my tree was packed safely! I love this tree!
False advertisement - Stay away
I bought a sweet pomegranate tree and an Arbequina olive tree online. The sweet pomegranate tree looks fine. The olive tree, they probably picked the worst one to send to me. It looks so so sad and dirty. Nowhere close to the picture they put online for advertisement. There is a disclaimer sent with the tree saying we are in winter months, the tree looks this bad but if I were the owner of this business, I would never send my customers anything like this.
We are sad to hear that your olive tree was disappointing! We're going to reach back out to you and see what we can do to make this right!
Planting & Care
The size of the tree means it is suitable for dense planting. The Arbequina Olive Tree is also very popular with consumers given its unique flavor, which is quite peppery as well as the health benefits associated with it. Many people like to use olive oil in cooking. The Arbequina Olives change color during the ripening process, going from a light green to pink before finally becoming a brown to purple shade.
1. Planting: You should plant your Arbequina Olives in a small container. Once it has reached a few feet tall, you can move it to a permanent place to grow. Do this by digging a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place the Olive Tree inside and cover with soil.
2. Watering: Allow Olive trees to dry out a bit in between waterings, never allowing the soil to become saturated. When the soil is dry down to about the first two inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use a high nitrogen fertilizer, something like a 17-6-10 timed-release formula would be perfect. And if your Arbequina Olives shows signs of weeds, simply remove the weeds and as much of the weed root system as possible.
4. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 to 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches. Make the cut just above the point where a pair of leaves attaches to the stem. Leave each branch at least 6 inches long, but how much longer is up to you and what will look good on your balcony or patio.
5. Pollination: Arbequina Olives are wind pollinated, and generally self-fertile. However, you will get better fruit production if you have more than one tree. Be sure to either choose two of the same variety, or if you are picking different varieties, two or more trees that bloom at the same time.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|