Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height:
- 8-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Punica granatum 'Wonderful'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, GA
Long-Lived and Easy-to-Maintain California Pom
Why Wonderful Pomegranate Trees?
One of the most popular varieties in the country, the Wonderful Pomegranate Tree lives up to its name for a number of reasons: adaptable to an array of soil types, drought resistant and easy-to-grow. Plus, because it’s grown right in California, it’s perfect for your Golden State landscape.
And the flavor of its fruit is second to none, with delicious, tangy richness that’s one-of-a-kind and ideal for juicing or eating fresh. Wonderful Poms are versatile because they also store better than most other fruit on the market, resisting bruising and discoloration. So you can enjoy these healthful, happy little treats almost any time of year.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, it thrives whether it’s living indoors or out, especially since you can prune it to your desired size. And well-behaved roots mean you can even plant them next to your home or a fence. Even better? Though they prefer hot, inland climates, Wonderful Pomegranates are hassle-free and can live 100 years or more – producing Poms into old age.
Best of all, because it’s been nurtured and cared for, long before it arrives to your door, it fruits during its first year. Fast fruit means you don’t have to wait 5 or 10 years to enjoy your bounty because the work is done for you, ahead of time. And this Wonderful Pomegranate Tree is a proven performer because it's grown in the Golden State for your California home.
Reap the rewards, whether you’re a beginner or master gardener. If you live in California, the Wonderful Pom tree is a favorite pick – order yours today!
Wonderful Pomegranate Tree Pollination
Wonderful Pomegranate Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Wonderful Pomegranate Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
The plant arrived packaged very well. We have planted it in a large pot and it has taken off really well. Thanks for a great product and looking forward to more trees from your store!
Great. Root rocket works great on these trees.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start the process by choosing a location with a lot of sun to nurture your Wonderful Pomegranate Tree - at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. The Wonderful Pom is adaptable to different soil types, providing there is good drainage.
To plant your Wonderful Pomegranate, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant (and loosening its roots so that it adapts well), tamp down the soil several times while backfilling to avoid air pockets in the area. Then water to settle the roots - it's that simple!
2. Watering: It's best to water your Wonderful Pomegranate with small amounts more frequently - about once weekly or so. However, if you're not sure when to water, check for soil dryness with your fingers. If the soil is excessively dry, water the tree. If the soil is moist, you’re good to go.
3. Pruning: Prune your tree after the first year of growth, but wait until the threat of frosts/freezes has passed and before new growth starts in the spring. Dead, weak or otherwise undesirable branches should be removed at that time.
4. Fertilizing: In the second year of growth, apply 2 ounces of nitrogen-based formula in the spring and then an additional ounce each following year to supplement growth of your tree. When the tree is about five years old, apply 6 to 8 ounces of this same formula during late winter, before leaves begin to emerge.
5. Harvesting: Once the trees have reached the age of maturity to fruit, Wonderful Poms will ripen about 6 to 7 months after flowering, usually resulting in ready-to-harvest fruit in September or October. When you’re ready to pick your Poms, do so when the fruit is fully ripe (deep red in color) since the fruit does not continue to ripen post-harvest. Also, cut the fruit from the tree for best results.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|