* Images shown are of mature plants
50 Pounds of Fruit, Right at Home
Why Veranda Banana Trees?
Widely regarded as the best-tasting banana variety on the market, the Veranda Banana Tree makes it easy to harvest right from home. The Veranda can produce 50 pounds of bananas from your living room or porch, and it fruits up to a year sooner than other, similar banana trees.
Even better? No-fuss growth means no green thumb is no problem. You'll have stunning, tropical-inspired foliage and delectable taste, effortlessly. And the flavor of this fruit is second to none - they have the familiar size and texture of conventional store-bought bananas, but are sweeter and have hints of vanilla.
And this tree's manageable size makes it a decor favorite. Place two on either side of your front door for a welcoming entrance, or arrange a Veranda Banana in your living room for an exotic touch. Its giant leaves purify the air and provide increased oxygen indoors as an extra benefit.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, this tree's bananas ripen over several weeks, so you can enjoy them over a longer period. Another benefit is the Veranda's fast growth since it claims up to 1 additional inch in height each day, ideal for the impatient gardener.
Last but not least: No harsh sprays or chemicals needed - it's naturally hardy and resists both disease and insects. If you have a sun-soaked window, porch or balcony, you're ready to get growing and enjoy your own Veranda Banana Tree. That's because we've planted, grown and nurtured each of our Veranda Banana Trees for absolute best results in your homescape. We've completed a months-long process, putting in the extra work, so that you get a proven producer.
Fast fruit, fresh flavor and one-of-a-kind beauty: You won't get this combo from other nurseries or big box stores. Our Veranda Banana Tree has it all. Order your own (or two) today!
Veranda Banana Tree Pollination
Veranda Banana Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Veranda Banana Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: When deciding where to plant your tree, keep in mind that they prefer full sunlight: At least 6 hours of sunlight a day. Banana trees don’t like extreme heat, so afternoon shade will be more beneficial for your tree than morning shade. And avoid areas that receive high winds, and ensure soil is well-drained.
Once you’ve selected your location, dig a hole that’s twice as wide as the pot and just as deep. Place your Veranda in the hole, and make sure that it’s level with the surrounding ground and that it’s standing straight up. Backfill the hole, tamping down to prevent air pockets, and give your tree a long, slow drink of water.
If you're moving indoors, simply ensure your pot has drainage holes and is located in front of a sunny window.
Note: This product grows best in well-draining soil. When you receive your plant, you may notice small, white beads or rocks in the soil - this medium is added to increase drainage and keep your plant happy and healthy!
Tip: Mulch the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your tree every 2 to 3 days during the summer, and every few weeks in the winter, depending on your local climate. Warmer areas that are more prone to drought may require water more frequently.
But if you're not sure when to water your Veranda Banana, simply check your tree's surrounding soil about 2 inches down. If the soil in this area is dry, it's time to water (generally, this will be a couple of cups of water).
3. Fertilizing: Give your tree a well-balanced organic fertilizer, approximately once a month during the growing season. The fertilizer will have a recommended dose for the size of your tree on the back of the package. We recommend giving your Banana Tree half of that dose for best results.
4. Pruning: Remove any damaged or broken leaves for maximum health. After fruiting, clip back stems with clean shears.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||2-3|
|Botanical Name:||Musa acuminata 'Veranda'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|