Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-3 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-3 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 5-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea serrata
- Does Not Ship To:
Double Lily-Like Blooms, Spring to First Frost
Why Tuff Stuff Ah-Ha® Hydrangea Shrubs?
It's right in the name: With the Tuff Stuff, you get the best of both worlds...spectacular lily-like blooms and strong, tough growth that outlasts even the worst conditions.
Even better? Tuff Stuff won't require constant maintenance, so it reblooms over and over without hassle. Bold blue hues in full double florets emerge again and again all summer long, delivering a profusion of color that's second to none. In fact, you'll get a constant supply of flowers from spring until the first frost!
Plus, the Tuff Stuff Ah-Ha® Hydrangea's flower buds are hardier than ever before, so you get vibrant blue or pink color all the way down to -10 degrees. Color like this as far north as New York? It's almost unheard of, but the Tuff Stuff Ah-Ha® Hydrangea fits the bill.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve nurtured and hand-picked your Tuff Stuff Ah-Ha® Hydrangea for the best growth possible.
Now, because we've put in the extra work at the nursery, you get a proven performer that transforms your curb appeal and gives you the best yard on the block. And unlike other big-box retailers or local nurseries, we don't ship bare-root.
That means your Tuff Stuff Ah-Ha® Hydrangea has better roots, bigger blooms, and bolder color delivered right to your door.
We’ve done the hard work so that you don't have to. And you won't have to lift a finger to get the yard of the year in your neighborhood. Order your own Tuff Stuff Ah-Ha® Hydrangea today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
I was impressed with th size and bloom although my blooms are purple not blue or pink? That may change after planting but I'm still happy with the purchase.
My experience was a 10 and the 3 plants I purchased are gorgeous, beyond my expectations!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Tuff Stuff (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). It grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained and acidic. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch.
To plant your Hydrangea Shrub, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Tuff Stuff Hydrangea to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated. During times of drought, the shrub should be watered twice weekly instead of once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Tuff Stuff Hydrangea regularly during the growing season.
4. Pruning: Prune if needed immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99 +||Free Shipping with code FREE99|