|Mature Height:||30-50 ft.|
|Mature Width:||20-30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Manilkara zapota 'Alano'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Tropical Fruit Similar to a Pear
Why Sapodilla Trees?
- Slow growing evergreen tree with long lifespan
- Tons of beautiful, glossy green leaves
- Attractive, oval-shaped fruit and bell shaped flowers
- Satisfying fruit flavor similar to a Pear
- Resistant to wind
It may not sound pretty but don't let the name fool you. The Sapodilla is one handsome tree with a ton of benefits. From its long, glossy green leaves to the attractive oval fruit that hangs like large brown eggs, the Sapodilla is quickly gaining recognition among evergreen enthusiasts. The bell-shaped flowers bloom several times a year, adding a colorful burst of pinks and reds that complement the sea of green throughout the tree.
A strong specimen, the Sapodilla has a white, gummy latex that reinforces the tree's trunk which helps it hold up well against strong winds. It's also salt and drought resistant. With great looks and adaptability, the Sapodilla is an excellent choice for a variety of possible planting locations.
What looks like an egg but Tastes like a Pear? Sapodilla!
Take a ripe pear and dip it into brown sugar. Sound flavorful? That's the best way to describe the taste you can expect when you bite into a Sapodilla fruit. Sweet and almost malty, cut it into wedges and serve it chilled for a fantastic treat. This fruit tastes like dessert all by itself. But don't let that stop you from dressing up ice creams, cakes and fruit cups.
Rich in Tannin and vitamin C, Sapodilla is good for the body as well as the palate. With everything it has to offer, there's a spot in your garden or landscape just waiting for a Sapodilla.
Sapodilla Tree Pollination
Sapodilla Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sapodilla Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a spot with well-drained soil and plenty of sunlight for your Sapodilla Tree. Once you've found your location, dig a hole that's about twice as wide as your tree's root ball, place your tree, and backfill the surrounding soil. Finally, mulch and water the surrounding soil to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your Sapodilla about once or twice weekly - enough to keep the soil moist at a depth of about 2 inches. If you're not sure when to water your tree, simply check the soil at this depth.
3. Fertilizing: Use a well-balanced fertilizer or fertilizer made for tropical fruit trees in the spring, before new growth begins. Be sure to follow label instructions.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The plant delivered was in proper shape & condition. Shipping was also fast. Hoping that it grows in our zone (9a).
The tree arrived well packaged and is doing good. I saw some new leaves forming. I will have to wait and see how it does after 6 months. This is a childhood favorite fruit. It is difficult to find in the US, but is readily available in Asia.
i received this healthy looking tree only thing is there are some centepedes like on the soil
This is a good company taking care of the buyer and the plant by making sure the plant is pack well and instructions to care for the plant. I tell you I got some plants from a company in Florida, 2x i bought strawberry tree, from them 2x they died, I just bought a chico from them same thing I got from you but yours is very good with lots of leaves what I got from them no leaf it's been a month now, still no leaf I am still waiting. I thank you for selling me a healthy chico.
Received just few days. The Sapodilla Tree look fresh with one fruit and flowers.Will order some more.