* Images shown are of mature plants
A Low-Maintenance, Long-Blooming Butterfly Bush
Why Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush?
Looking to attract butterflies to your garden for a pollinator-friendly landscape? Butterflies absolutely love the Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush. This compact, candy-pink Buddleia is fragrant and ultra-enticing for pollinators of all kinds. Butterflies, bees and hummingbirds will all be grateful for this welcome garden addition!
What's unique about this variety? It's more compact and boasts thicker stems than other Buddleia options, meaning it stands tall and sturdy when planted in the garden. Its strong stems help to support its big, bright blooms, so you'll have a beautiful plant you can rely on.
Speaking of its blooms, the Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush will flower all summer long, and doesn't require deadheading, so you can enjoy all the beauty without the work. This long-blooming variety is also heat and drought tolerant, so it'll hold up to hot, dry conditions. Not only that - its thick stems make it more hardy for winter survival, too!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
If you're looking for an easy-care, strong and compact Buddleia, you've found the right one! The Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush is the ultimate option for bright pink blooms and a sturdy, non-flopping habit. Carefully cultivated for assured satisfaction, the Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush is a solid, versatile garden choice for mass plantings, focal points, containers and more!
Order your Pugster Pink® Butterfly Bush today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives ample sunlight. These plants prefer 6+ hours of direct sunlight daily. However, they can still do well in a partially shaded spot. This still means they would need at least 2 to 4 hours of direct morning sunlight, and they can tolerate afternoon shade.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Backfill with a mixture of native soil and compost. Water after every few inches to settle the soil and remove any air pockets that may have formed. When done, tamp the soil, water the plant in, and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer unless you're dealing with poor soil conditions. If that is the case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and be certain to water deeply afterwards.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. Although it's not required, you can remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping, during the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia x 'Pugster'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|