* Images shown are of mature plants
Enjoy Leafy Green Harvests All Through Fall
This fall, grow your own leafy greens for the perfect seasonal salad!
- Fresh, flavorful leafy greens perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner
- Complementary herbs to grow alongside your greens
- Everything you need to plant, grow, and enjoy a succession of leafy green harvests
Each Patio Salad Garden comes with a combination of seasonal leafy greens and companion seasonal herbs. Arugula, spinach, kale, or lettuce are often the centerpiece of the garden, and all of these varieties love cooler weather. The exact plants you get will depend on your growing zone, and are hand-selected to ensure they'll thrive where you live.
All you need to do is find the perfect patio spot, plant and enjoy. This all-inclusive Patio Salad Garden comes complete with an embroidered, reusable grow
bag with handles, a fully rooted seasonal leafy green collection, coco-coir and nutrients for optimal plant health, and all the garden nutrients you need to start and enjoy your very own patio garden.
When to plant: The Patio Salad Garden is perfect for planting when local temperatures start to dip below 80, and can thrive in temperatures as low as 40 degrees.
When to harvest: Your garden will be ready for its first of many harvests in approximately 3-4 weeks. The more frequently you harvest, the more your leafy greens and fresh herbs will produce.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Your garden kit includes everything you need for a successful leafy green garden. We recommend keeping this kit out on a porch or patio, rather than indoors. Your plants thrive with at least 4-5 hours of direct sun every day and enjoy cool evenings, as long as the temperature does not dip below 40 degrees. If the weather is forecasted to be over 80 degrees or below 40 degrees, we recommend moving your garden inside for brief periods.
2. Watering: Get in the habit of checking on your garden every morning until you get a feel for how often it needs to be watered. Always take advantage of rainwater by letting it do the work for you. When temperatures soar over 80 degrees, you’ll need to hydrate your garden every day. Remember to always water the topsoil, not the plants. Your grow bag will drain excess water, so there’s no fear of overwatering.
3. Fertilizing: Your Patio Salad Garden Kit includes all the plant nutrients your herbs need to thrive throughout the season. Remember to mark your calendars for the 30 day and 60 day feeding schedule.
4. Harvesting: You can begin enjoying your herb harvests approximately 3-4 weeks after planting when the plants have enough foliage to maintain growth. Remember to harvest the outer leaves, allowing the center of the plant to continue
sending out new leaves. This is an easy way to have a succession of harvests from the
5. Pruning: Pruning herbs keeps them growing strong. Pruning or cutting off leaves and parts of the herb stems will signal the plant to continue growing and keep your garden thick and lush. Pruning can be accomplished by pinching with your fingers for the smaller stems or using clean shears for heavier work.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||1-2 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-2 ft.|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||Indoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|