* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||4-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4 ft.|
Hibiscus 'Midnight Marvel'
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Dramatic Tropical Color, in Any Climate!
Why the Midnight Marvel Hibiscus?
True to its name, the Midnight Marvel Hibiscus adds a dose of drama to any landscape. And unlike its tropical Hibiscus counterparts, this hardy Hibiscus will thrive even in cooler climates, from zones 4-9.
Combining the best genes from the Hibiscus family, the Midnight Marvel contrasts dark, wine-purple stems and foliage with huge, bright red flowers that measure up to an impressive 9 inches each.
This Hibiscus buds down the stem, meaning that it has extra-long blooms, for more color and volume. From summer to fall, you can expect up to 250 red flowers on this compact plant.
You’ll want to use the Midnight Marvel as the centerpiece in your garden beds, due to its long-lasting blooms and dramatic colors - but it also performs in patio pots and containers.
- Long blooming season
- Dramatic, contrasting foliage and flowers
- Consistent blooms of up to 250 flowers per year
- Hardy and pest resistant
- Easy growth in nearly any climate
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Unlike Hibiscus plants you'll find at big-box stores or your local nursery, your Midnight Marvel Hibiscus is nurtured with care at our nursery, and shipped directly to your door with a well-developed root system and better branching.
That means no guesswork or hassle stands between you and these bright blooms. Once your Midnight Marvel Hibiscus arrives, it's ready to grow - and deliver unbeatable color.
Elevate your landscape or patio with tropical color today. Order your Midnight Marvel Hibiscus!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Midnight Marvel Hibiscus in full sun (around 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily), in an area with well-drained soil. Once you've selected your location, dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your shrub's shipped container. Use organic soil, place your shrub, and select a sunny spot.
If your Hibiscus is container-planted in a colder climate, just bring it inside in the winter when the temperature starts to drop.
2. Watering: Water your Hibiscus about once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, check your shrub's soil about 2 or 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Use a well-balanced fertilizer in the spring to encourage blooming, and follow label instructions.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The two that were replaced came in way better shape , thank you
When I first saw this hibiscus I thought it was pretty but a little pricey. But I love hibiscus and wanted one that would survive in winter. I was not disappointed. In fact, I was rewarded with the prettiest big dark red flowers--and so many! It is a standout in my garden, and I even bought another one.