* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Rhododendron 'Delaware Valley White'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-8 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Elegance and Style in One Graceful Shrub
Beautiful Fragrant White Flowers
A dependable shrub with year-round interest. It will reach 3 to 4 feet in height and width and produce the most impressive white, trumpet-shaped flowers each spring. The velvety-soft blooms will adorn its deep green foliage into summer adding a lightly perfumed scent to the air. The showy spring entrance arrives on time each and every year. Then, the evergreen provides golden foliage in the fall.
Easy and Long-Living
Expect this beauty to be a part of your landscape for a long time. The Delaware Valley White Azalea is not finicky, which is why it's a popular choice for those who like Azaleas but have had a difficult time growing them. This variety has a life-span of 40+ years and doesn't require a lot of attention. It's drought-tolerant, will adapt to most soil types and requires only minimal pruning after flowering. It does best in well-drained, acidic soil - in full to partial sun.
The Delaware Valley White Azalea is so beautiful and easy-going. Choose where to put it and be confident it will thrive. If you're looking for the perfect accent to your existing garden, it's a great choice (and will most likely steal the show.) This shrub is also great as a border along your sidewalk, or walkway leading up to your entrance or back patio. In the summer the flowers and aroma are truly special. If you're looking to define your property line - or just step up the boring green hedges in front of your home, this is a great selection.
When you're at a loss for what to buy for a wedding couple, a new homeowner, college graduate, someone grieving a loss, or a special friend - this is a meaningful and inexpensive gesture that will remind them of your kindness.
Get them in the ground and get ready for amazing bushes. They arrive with full roots intact and in great condition.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Azaleas can thrive in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) but will need protection from the hot sun in warmer climates. Well-drained soil is also important for your plant to thrive.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted and place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets. Finally, water again once you’re done planting and mulch the area to help conserve moisture.
FGT Tip: Azaleas love acidic soil. If you have soil that isn’t acidic, like clay, simply buy additives (organic matter, fresh coffee grounds, etc.) to amend it. You can also plant your Azalea in a container, where you can control the soil type!
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice or three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, they will need watering every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
If you’re not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil. Stick your finger into the surrounding soil, about 3 or 4 inches down – if the soil here is dry, water your Azalea.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub with a slow-release fertilizer that’s made for Azaleas, at some point in the early spring. Follow label instructions as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: Azaleas need very little pruning. If you need to prune the plant for shape, prune after the plant has finished its spring flowering. Once plants are well-established, light annual pruning can be done to stimulate growth and blooming.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Quick and secure shipping, healthy looking and good-sized plant, excellent customer service
Very dry when came in mail. Watered them, got 2, planted them 2 days later. Looking like they doing good.
On arrival the plant was a nice size and was in excellent shape.
Azalea Delaware white
Review of products
Great delivery. Plants in excellent status