Growing Zones: 4-9 patio / 10-11 outdoors(hardy down to 40℉) 4-9 patio / 10-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-30 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 12-15 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Piper Nigrum
- Does Not Ship To:
Fresh Flavor...and Home-Grown Peppercorns
Why Black Pepper Plants?
- It's an incredible climbing vine fits well anywhere.
- The Black Pepper's shiny green leaves are offset by stunning red fruit.
- Fresh, delicious, home-grown pepper enhances any recipe.
Stage your own Italian-inspired garden by strategically planting Black Pepper along trellises, fencing, or even outside walls. The side shoots creep up quickly, sprouting tons of lovely almond-shaped leaves, beautifully filling in space.
The payoff is fresh pepper that will embolden the flavor of just about anything your imagination can cook up. Pick peppercorns when green for black pepper or harvest when ripened and remove the inner seed for a spicier, white pepper. No matter what you choose to do, the Black Pepper Plant offers variety that will spice up the life in your garden.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won't find this unique pick at most big box stores or other nurseries...especially since we've planted, grown and meticulously nurtured our Pepper Plants for months at our nursery. Now, when it arrives to your door, it's a proven performer that's ready to exceed expectations, effortlessly.
Lend a hint of flavor and freshness to your garden today...get our Black Pepper Plant!
Black Pepper Plant Pollination
Black Pepper Plants are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Black Pepper Plant will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
I recently bought a grape vine from your website and i think what your doing here is genuis but there a type of spice i want and i know others want too cayenne pepper it go's great on pork chops oven stovetop and grill and theres tons of pork in the united states thanks for listening and please consider getting this plant.
Black Pepper Plant
To early have not see any changes yet, let hope that will start growing
Great to do business with
I have ordered several trees from Fast Growing Trees. They arrive in a couple of days and are incredibly healthy. The pepper plant was green and in great shape. The container still had moist soil. I highly recommend Fast Growing Trees to anyone in the market for fruit trees, citrus trees, and nut trees. Don't get confused by other companies selling barefoot trees at cheap prices. Fast Growing Trees has the healthiest trees I have ever bought.
Black pepper plant
Very healthy looking plant so far
I was a little weary ordering such a delicate vine online but FastGrowingTrees delivered. The plant arrived well packed in great condition and is doing well.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Place your Pepper Plant in a location with well-draining soil. These plants thrive best in high temperature areas with frequent humidity and rainfall, as well as full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). From there, dig each hole so that it is just shallower than the root ball and at least twice the width.
Make sure the plant is properly positioned in the hole. Begin to back fill the hole, applying water to remove air pockets. Water again after you’ve finished to fully settle the soil.
When growing the pepper plant indoors, ensure you place it in location that receives a minimum of 4 hours of sunlight daily. The area also needs to be humid so you can emulate an outdoor or greenhouse type of environment. You can use a humidifier or mist the plant daily to accomplish this.
When selecting a container for your pepper plant, be sure it has plenty of holes in the bottom as drainage is essential. The pot size should be 2 times the size of the one it initially came in.
2. Watering: Make sure you place your plant in a well-drained container where the water will not sit. Water your plant deeply once or twice weekly, depending on the size of the container and plant. If you're not sure when to water, simple check the soil down to about 3 inches - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Pepper Plants require regular fertilization. It’s best to feed your plant twice a month with a nitrogen fertilizer formula like 10-10-10 and follow the package instructions for best results.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|