* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||July - September|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Rubus 'Valentina'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Sweet, Firm Berries on Thornless Bush
Why Big Daddy Blackberry Bushes?
Grow delicious, plump blackberries for months with ease. With the Big Daddy Blackberry, you get tons of juicy, delectable fruit that couldn't be easier to harvest since the bush is thornless.
You'll have buckets of fruit that ripen in late July, all without the need for a pollinator. Now, you'll save time and money while getting delectable flavor and melt-in-your-mouth berries that are sweeter than ever before. And you'll get these delicious blackberries, perfect for snacking, preserving jellies and jams, without ever needing to leave your house. They offer the perfect complementary notes of sweetness and tartness, creating a flavor experience that's second to none.
Because these blackberries are disease resistant, you won't have to bother with harsh chemicals or sprays. Your vigorous Big Daddy Blackberry will keep on growing without the need for pesticides.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Good luck finding a Big Daddy Blackberry anywhere else. When you order from Fast Growing Trees, you not only get the benefits of easy harvests and pounds of juicy blackberries...but you also get a head start on growth.
We've grafted, planted, and grown your Big Daddy Blackberry with utmost care. Now, when it's delivered to your door, it's ready to grow above and beyond without any guesswork on your part.
We have a limited supply of these prolific producers, so we recommend placing your order before they're gone. Order your Big Daddy Blackberry today!
Big Daddy Blackberry Bush Pollination
Big Daddy Blackberry Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Big Daddy Blackberry Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For the best berry production, select a spot with full sun (at least 6 hours of sunlight) and well-drained soil.
Once you have the location, dig a hole three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your blackberry bush in the hole and make sure that it’s level with the ground and backfill the hole. Once you’ve finished this process, give your blackberry a long drink of water and mulch around the base.
2. Watering: Keep the soil moist, but not over-saturated. Typically, you'll water once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, simply check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down - if it's dry here, it's time to water your blackberry plant.
3. Fertilizing: It’s best to fertilize early in the spring before new growth starts to emerge, then again after your berry harvest. Use a well-balanced, general all-purpose fertilizer like formula 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Pruning will help increase your blackberry crop and keep your bushes healthy. After a year of growth, remove the tips of each woody blackberry cane in early spring. If they’re shorter than 24 inches long, only remove the tip back to about an inch.
After your berry harvest, prune spent canes back to promote the growth of new ones.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
This tree is a winner. From the moment it arrive to my nursery, I transplanted it as per instruccions, and whiting days it had new leaves sprouting all over it. Very happy and satisfaced with my parchase.