* Images shown are of mature plants
Prolific Peony Blooms, No Stake Required
Why Bartzella Itoh Peonies?
Ready to grow a peony that stands tall, without constant staking? Then the Bartzella Peony is for you. This peony is a type of Itoh Peony - a cross between a herbaceous and woody peony. This means it’s a sturdy, vigorous plant that doesn’t require staking or a lot of time to maintain.
The Bartzella Peony is prized for its prolific blooms. The flowers appear mid-season and last for up to 4 weeks. During this period, you'll be amazed by the large number of huge, double blooms that are bright yellow with a faint red center. The high bloom production, along with sturdy stems and a longer than average vase life, makes the Bartzella Peony ideal for cut flower arrangements.
Perfect for just about any location that needs a hint of color, the Bartzella Peony is a lovely addition to garden styles like rustic, cottage, and zen. The soft yellow flowers contrast delightfully against darker foliage, wood or rustic tones. Pair the Bartzella Peony with other flowering shrubs and perennials like Hydrangea, Catmint, or Coneflower.
Even better? The foliage of the Bartzella Peony is a lush green, with deep dissections. The fern-like leaves look delicate, but act hardy, giving you color and vigorous growth all the way through fall.
With the Bartzella Peony, you get all the beauty of peonies, without the hassle. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant where it can receive full sun, although some partial shade is tolerated in the south and warmest areas of the west. Plant so that the buds at the top of the roots are pointing up. Cover with 1-2 inches of soil if you’re in the north, no more than one inch if you’re in the south.
2. Watering: Ensure moderate moisture and well-draining soil, about an inch of water per week throughout the growing season.
3. Fertilizing: An annual side-dressing of one inch of compost or aged manure will help this plant’s growth. No other fertilization is needed.
4. Pruning: Deadhead after flowering and cut back to the ground in winter after the first frost to encourage energy for next year.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Paeonia x 'Bartzella'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Going to be fabulous!
Bought in very early spring so was just coming out of winter dormancy. It is getting larger by the day and I can't wait for blooms!