* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ilex crenata 'Soft Touch'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Soft, Flexible Foliage and Classic Holly Perks
Why Soft Touch Hollies?
Rising in popularity due to its manageable size and soft, flexible foliage, our Soft Touch Holly boasts classic benefits with a fresh twist. No more worries about being pricked by holly leaves in your backyard!
Plus, it’s the epitome of effortless elegance. Small, glossy leaves are accented by tiny flowers in the spring and black-hued berries in the fall and winter, attracting graceful wildlife while resisting common pests and diseases, adapting to drought and acclimating to nearly any soil type.
Even better? A mature height of just 3 feet makes it an ideal selection for gardeners with limited space and particularly well-suited to border or foundation planting. Its uniform, rounded habit is perfect for a polished yet hassle-free landscape.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve done the hard work ahead of time, so you don’t have to. Because we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Soft Touch Holly with care, you get high-quality results at home. You’ll get a proven performer, with tons of easy-to-grow, great-looking benefits.
But our Hollies sell out fast – order yours today and see what all the hype’s about when it comes to the enviable Soft Touch Holly!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location with well-drained soil and full to partial sunlight (about 4 to 8 hours of sun per day).
Then, dig a hole twice the diameter of the root ball and just as deep. Moisten the hole with water, place the plant’s roots into the hole, back full and tamp the soil firmly down around the roots to remove any air pockets.
2. Watering: Keep the plant moist for the first year of growth to help the plant establish roots. Generally, you should water the plant at least once per week, especially during periods of drought for optimum growth. After the first year, you should only need to water in times of extended drought.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize the Soft Touch Holly in the early spring or fall using a general purpose fertilizer. Follow the instructions on the fertilizer’s label for ratio requirements.
4. Pruning: Prune your shrub in fall or winter, and remove any broken or dead branches. The Soft Touch spreads through root suckers, so to control growth, the suckers should be pruned.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$79 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
Nice Shrubs, Very Green
All 3 arrived in great condition. Planted a few weeks ago and they are looking great.