* Images shown are of mature plants
Bright Red Blooms, Even in Cold Climates
Why Red Rose of Sharon Althea Trees?
If you're looking for a compact, easy-growing flowering tree to steal the show in your garden, look no further. The Red Rose of Sharon Tree delivers stunning ornamental appeal with deep maroon-purple blooms that last for months.
Maturing to heights of just 6 to 8 feet, the Dwarf Red Rose of Sharon fits beautifully into any garden where space is limited. From decorative containers for your deck or patio to entryway plantings, the adaptable, carefree Red Rose of Sharon adds a bold pop.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Unlike other nurseries or big-box retailers, we hand-select your Red Rose of Sharon Tree so that you get an amazing head start.
Thanks to our hard work at the nursery, your Red Rose of Sharon arrives with a healthier, more developed root system. You won't have to lift a finger because we've planted and nurtured your tree before it's delivered., months ahead of shipping.
Now, you get a tree with explosive bloom power and unmatched color, virtually carefree. Order your own Red Rose of Sharon Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the width of your plant's root ball and just as deep. Then, place your shrub, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Althea Tree once or twice weekly in order to conserve soil moisture. If you're not sure when to water your shrub, check the soil with your index finger, about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize before new growth begins in the spring with a well-balanced blend, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Prune your Rose of Sharon in the winter, after flowering, in order to shape your shrub.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|