* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Bright Red Blooms, Even in Cold Climates
Why Red Rose of Sharon Althea Trees?
If you're looking for a compact, easy-growing flowering tree to steal the show in your garden, look no further. The Red Rose of Sharon Tree delivers stunning ornamental appeal with deep maroon-purple blooms that last for months.
Maturing to heights of just 6 to 8 feet, the Dwarf Red Rose of Sharon fits beautifully into any garden where space is limited. From decorative containers for your deck or patio to entryway plantings, the adaptable, carefree Red Rose of Sharon adds a bold pop.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Unlike other nurseries or big-box retailers, we hand-select your Red Rose of Sharon Tree so that you get an amazing head start.
Thanks to our hard work at the nursery, your Red Rose of Sharon arrives with a healthier, more developed root system. You won't have to lift a finger because we've planted and nurtured your tree before it's delivered., months ahead of shipping.
Now, you get a tree with explosive bloom power and unmatched color, virtually carefree. Order your own Red Rose of Sharon Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the width of your plant's root ball and just as deep. Then, place your shrub, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Althea Tree once or twice weekly in order to conserve soil moisture. If you're not sure when to water your shrub, check the soil with your index finger, about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize before new growth begins in the spring with a well-balanced blend, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Prune your Rose of Sharon in the winter, after flowering, in order to shape your shrub.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Rose of Sharon
This Rose of Sharon tree was delayed for several days because of the 4th of July holiday. As a result, it lost a lot of its leaves. After planting and good watering, it is now doing well with a couple of buds waiting to open. Looking forward to it fully rebounding and blooming as well as my Rose of Sharon hedge.
The poor tree arrived in shock because of its long journey to me. It looked dead, but I watered it every day , and it’s coming back!
When I called customer service., they were very nice and said to watch it and made me aware of when my 30 day warranty was up.
We're so sorry to hear how your tree arrived but glad it seems to be recovering nicely! Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns!
Red Althea tree
Easy ordering. Quick shipping. Packed well. No damage on arrival. Planted the next day. It's putting out new leaves and seems to be thriving. FGT is an excellent company.
Too soon to bud out?
Tree came in good shape. Nice branching and roots look good. I immediately planted in a pot because still a little too cold to plant outside. There are a lit of tight buds bud so far after two weeks the tree has done absolutely nothing. Maybe it's too soon to see any buds swell. I am hopeful tree will do something soon!
We're sorry to hear about the concerns with your Red Rose of Sharon Althea Tree! If you haven’t already done so, please forward us some photos. One of our plant specialists will be happy to help!