Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 3-4 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Golden Mop'
- Does Not Ship To:
Gold-Green Year-Round Foliage + Weeping Form
Why Gold Mop Cypresses?
A dwarf shrub that delivers a new take on evergreen color, the Gold Mop Cypress lends a pop of bright foliage to plant beds, driveway borders and beyond. Especially since it couldn't be easier to grow, with cold-hardy adaptability and disease resistance that make it a true plant-and-forget variety.
But despite its carefree growth, it offers dramatic visual impact like you've never seen. Also known as the Golden Mop False Cypress, it's famous for its eye-catching golden color and a slight weeping form that lend contrast to traditional evergreen areas in your landscape.
Living up to its name with a ground-hugging, mounding form, it's well-suited to rock gardens and slope plantings but is perfect for placing almost anywhere. Since its finely-textured, vibrant lemon foliage is slow-growing, it doesn't require pruning, fertilizer, or extra fuss. And despite its delicate, weeping appearance that gives a hint of colorful, graceful movement with every breeze, it's a sturdy shrub that stands up to tough conditions.
Whether it's drought and frigid temperatures or even salty coastal air, the Gold Mop's gleaming hue stays true from season to season. So, when other colorful shrubs and trees in your neighbors' yards fade, your Golden Mop Cypress will continue to outshine the competition.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Not only is this rare variety nearly impossible to find at chain garden centers, but it's also sold bare-root at big-box. Bare-root means leaving most of the roots behind when a shrub is transplanted, leaving you with a dying plant and a lower chance of long-term color.
But when you order your Gold Mop Cypress from Fast Growing Trees, you get a well-rooted shrub, ready for explosive growth. Our tried-and-true process of planting and growing in nutrient-rich soil, months ahead of shipping, gives you a healthy head start.
Now, you reap the rewards of our painstaking process with a one-of-a-kind look and none of the work. And no matter where it's growing in your homescape, you'll find the Golden Mop Cypress to be the brightest new addition that will have guests and neighbors wondering where you got your green thumb.
The only catch? Ordering before they're gone. Get your Gold Mop Cypress today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Gold Mop Cypress does best in full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant dig the hole twice the size as the root ball and just a little shallower. Hold the shrub straight as you begin to backfill the site, tamping down the soil as you go. When completely it's backfilled, apply water to settle the soil and remove any air pockets.
If you're planting in a container, make sure it has plenty of holes in the bottom as drainage is essential. The pot size should be at least twice the size of the one it initially came in.
Choose a location on the patio, backyard, front/side of the house, providing it will receive full sun.
2. Watering: Stick your finger into the surrounding soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around for any moisture. If the soil is drying out, go ahead and water it until you see it escaping the drainage holes (when potted) or until the area is moist, and then stop.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub well after a year of growth, once the root system has had enough time to establish. Using a general fertilizer, such as a 10-10-10 formula, every spring will give it a boost.
4. Pruning: Though it's not required, you can prune your Gold Mop Cypress for shaping.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|