* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Juicy, Freestone Apricot Harvests for Warmer Climates
Why Gold Kist Apricot Trees?
A semi-dwarf variety that's well-suited for warmer winter climates, the Gold Kist Apricot lives up to its name, giving you a vibrant, flavorful harvest of apricots each year.
In fact, it's known as the ideal backyard apricot. The freestone Gold Kist Apricot is one of the highest quality varieties on the market, giving you an unmatched flavor that's virtually hassle-free.
And it's heavy-bearing. Whether you eat them right off the tree or save a few for making your favorite desserts and recipes, the Gold Kist Apricot Tree delivers huge bounties of home-grown apricots. Forget expensive supermarket trips - your Gold Kist Apricots will grow for seasons to come!
Your Gold Kist Apricot is easy to grow, since we've ensured it leaves our nursery with a healthier, more developed root system, tailored to thrive in your landscape.
We carefully pack our trees to arrive in great condition - ready to fruit sooner and heavier. Order your Gold Kist Apricot Tree now!
NOTE: This product is specific to California. Find Gold Kist Apricot Trees available in other states.
Gold Kist Apricot Tree Pollination
Gold Kist Apricot Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Gold Kist Apricot Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun) and well-drained soil ensure your Gold Kist Tree will thrive.
To plant, dig your hole shallower than the root ball and at least twice the width. After the hole is finished, loosen the soil in the planting hole so the roots can break through easily. Then, place your tree, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water about once weekly. However, if you get around an inch of rainfall every 10 days or so during the growing season, additional watering should be unnecessary.
If you’re not sure how much water the tree needs, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down - if it's dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizer: If you’re planting during the fall season, wait until the spring to use fertilizer. With nutrient-rich soil, fertilizer is unnecessary until your tree begins bearing fruit. After fruiting starts, an application of high-nitrogen fertilizer is recommended.
4. Pruning: Prune each year during the dormant season. If you’re located in growing zones 6 or farther north, wait to prune your tree until the late winter. When you do prune, make sure you’re pruning in an 'open center' shape, which keeps the tree’s canopy open for light purposes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus armeniaca 'Gold Kist'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-10 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Several Branches Broken in the 12-Day Shipment
Both trees had branches broken in several places. The 7 ft. shipping box was broken in half. The leaves were wilted, with black spots, and had insect damage. However, my wife is a life-long nursery person and she prumed, mended and treated them upon planting. Now, after a fewmonths, both trees are healthy & beautiful.
We are very sorry for how your tree arrived! If you ever have issues upon arrival of a plant, please let us know right away and we'll make it right. We're so glad to see that it has recovered nicely and is looking beautiful!
Gold Kist Apricot
I received 3 terrific trees
Shipped very well, I just planted! Now have to wait and see how well is going to do! Thank you!