* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Award-Winning Flowers Bloom Into Mid-Fall!
If you’re looking for a long-blooming groundcover or bedding plant, you’ve found it! The 2008 Perennial of the Year, Geranium Rozanne (also known as Rozanne Cranesbill), flaunts its distinctive violet blossoms well into mid-fall - longer than most other plants!
The Geranium Rozanne propagates abundantly, so you’ll have a carpet of purple and green wherever you plant it. A perfect fit for the woodland cottage vibe, this nearly evergreen geranium also offers lush, emerald foliage, even outside of its flowering season.
The Geranium Rozanne does well in garden beds, intermingling with other plants with ease. It's also happy in rock gardens, as well as in pots or hanging baskets.
Long-Blooming, Fast-Growing Groundcover
Gardeners choose the Geranium Rozanne over similar plants because it flowers longer and more robustly. Remarkably, it can also grow two to three feet in a single season! And its ability to spread efficiently—without overwhelming other plants—means this perennial is ideal for covering landscaping bald patches.
The Geranium Rozanne is hardy, so your plant requires minimal care. It only needs full or partial sun and well-draining soil to thrive.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Geranium Rozanne spreads several feet each growing season, so leave room when planting. Choose a location with damp and well-draining soil that receives full (6+ hours) to partial (4-6 hours) of sun daily. If the plant gets too much shade, it will lose its dense foliage and produce fewer flowers. However, the warmer your climate, the more shade your geranium will need.
2. Watering: Keep your Geranium Rozanne’s soil moist. Once established, it can better tolerate drought.
3. Fertilizing: Add a balanced, granular fertilizer to your geranium in spring.
4. Pruning: In late summer, you may need to trim back your Geranium Rozanne if it looks too ragged. New flowers and foliage will take its place. In fall, you can also cut back your geranium to the soil and then cover it with mulch to protect it when the soil freezes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||18-20 in.|
|Mature Width:||24-36 in.|
|Botanical Name:||Geranium x 'Rozanne'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|