* Images shown are of mature plants
An Excellent Drought- and Disease-Resistant Elm
Why Emerald Sunshine® Elm Trees?
This newly cultivated elm is everything you need in an elm tree. The Emerald Sunshine® Elm Tree provides superior performance and tolerance without sacrificing on beauty. Elms were nearly wiped out due to disease, but with new cultivators like the Emerald Sunshine® Elm Tree, they're coming back better than ever.
The leaves of the Emerald Sunshine® Elm are corrugated and emerge bronze. And as the leaves mature, they deepen into a glossy green that shines in the sun. But the colors don’t stop there! In fall, the leaves turn to lovely yellows and reds to dazzle your landscape with autumnal color.
The Emerald Sunshine® Elm’s sturdy, upright growth habit makes it ideal for planting in multiples and creating shade. You can utilize it to create rows or add visual interest to open areas in your yard. Plus, with its ability to adapt to a wide range of soils, your Emerald Sunshine® Elm will provide a happy shaded spot wherever it's planted.
The Emerald Sunshine® Elm is a majestic tree that grows in a symmetrical growth habit. And although it's smaller than most elms, it delivers in tolerance and low-maintenance. Promising superior performance in hot, arid and windy areas, it's truly one of the most tolerant elms ever cultivated. It’s also resistant to elm leaf beetle, Japanese beetle, and Dutch Elm Disease.
Add effortless shade and deep autumn color to your landscape with the Emerald Sunshine® Elm. Order now before they sell out!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Emerald Sunshine® Elm Tree in a location with full sun and away from power lines. Dig a hole that is 2-3 times bigger than the root bulb of the tree and the same depth. Place the tree in the hole and backfill the dirt.
2. Watering: Immediately water the tree after planting and continue to water more frequently until the tree is well established. Once established, the Emerald Sunshine® Elm Tree is drought resistant and does not require frequent watering.
3. Fertilizing: Don't add any fertilizer in the first year of your Elm's life. After the first year, you can add a balanced fertilizer to the soil every spring. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully, as it's easy to over-fertilize the Elm. As your tree grows older, you don't need to add any fertilizer at all.
4. Pruning: You don't need to prune the Emerald Sunshine® Elm, but it can be helpful to remove dead bark and branches in the fall.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||35 ft.|
|Mature Width:||25 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ulmus propinqua ‘JFS-Bieberich’|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|