Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-10 ft.
- Full-Part Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- June - August
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus virginiana 'Canada Red'
- Does Not Ship To:
Delicious Berries and Multiple Seasons of Color
Why Canadian Red Chokeberry Trees?
Showy white blossoms in spring and green leaves that turn to an eye-catching shade of dark maroon all summer: The Canadian Red Chokeberry is unlike any other tree available. In the fall, the leaves turn bright shades of red and yellow to stand out as the brightest focal point on the block. And best of all, they deliver a harvest of delectable berries.
Canadian Red Chokeberries are a delectable treat with a sour zing that’s followed by a rich earthy flavor. When snacking on them fresh, you’ll enjoy their crunchy, firm skin and chewy texture as their tart juice flows.
Their sharp, dry flavors are reminiscent of fine red wine, perfect for cooking. Most people use these Chokeberries for making sweet and sour jams and pies, as well as homemade wines and juices.
Plus, the Chokeberry delivers gorgeous good looks and one-of-a-kind bounties with virtually no upkeep. Wind resistant, drought-tolerant, and extremely cold hardy as well as manageably-sized, the Chokeberry merges all the best benefits of your favorite fall trees and shrubs into one must-have package.
In fact, the Chokeberry is hardy down to an unbelievable -30 degrees, so it thrives in northern areas with extremely harsh winters. Basically, nothing stops them from providing vibrant colors and tons of delicious Chokeberries.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Some nurseries ship their Canada Red Chokeberries bare-rooted, leaving up to 90% of the roots behind (if they even stock them at all). This means that you lose up to a year of growth while your tree is struggling to replace its root system.
But you can be assured that when you order your Canada Red from Fast Growing Trees, you are getting well-rooted trees, ready for explosive growth. These larger trees offer more developed branching for faster, more vibrant color, better long-term results, and fresh berries, year after year.
The only catch is ordering your Chokeberry Tree before they sell out! Don't wait - get your Canada Red Chokeberry Tree today.
Canadian Red Chokeberry Tree Pollination
Canadian Red Chokeberry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Canadian Red Chokeberry Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
no change ??
So far--tree is doing zip---no change---same as received-assume roots are growing
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your Canada Red will receive full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil. If you’re in an area where hot, dry summers are common, provide your plant with partial shade in the afternoon.
Dig a hole that’s as deep as the root ball and twice the width. Amend the soil with acid-rich compost made from organic matter. Carefully remove the plant from its container and place it in the hole. Fill the hole surrounding the roots with soil, tamping down firmly. Water your plant to help remove air pockets from the soil.
2. Watering: Water your Canada Red regularly after planted, ensuring the soil is moist to a depth 2 inches down. Once the plant is established, it will be somewhat drought tolerant but will produce a larger amount of flowers and berries if watered regularly.
3. Fertilizing: Chokeberries do not typically need to be fertilized unless they’re growing more slowly than normal. If this is the case, apply 10-10-10 fertilizer in spring around the base of the tree.
4. Pruning: Prune your Chokeberry in early spring to remove any dead or broken branches or branches that are crisscrossing and rubbing together.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|