* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Perfect to Border Water Features, Footpaths, and Hillside Gardens
If your garden is your queen, the Caesar’s Brother Siberian Iris is the jewel to trim her crown! Ideal for creating waterside interest, this perennial is a moisture-loving, pest-resistant, dazzling springtime gem.
Whether placed along ponds or paths, across slopes, or as a rain garden feature, the Siberian Iris's delicately petalled blooms will paint your landscape violet in the spring. Its roots also soak up and filter stormwater runoff, enhancing nearby water quality.
Caesar's Brother Irises add excellent height and vibrant color to guide the eye upward. They also form clumps of emerald foliage that will remain plumb and green throughout the season. If situated correctly in well-draining, moist soil, the adaptable plant is easy to grow and maintain, even with the occasional drought.
Mark your calendar for the Caesar's Brother Iris's stunning spring bloom, which lasts up to two weeks. And in the fall, you can easily divide the plant to generate even more blossoms each year.
Perfect your water-centric landscape with this resilient, showy iris. Order today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For the best growth, plant your Caesar's Brother in a full sun location. Partial sun can work for this flower if you live in a warmer climate. Regardless of growing zone, make sure that you place it in a spot with moist, but well-draining, normal-to-acidic soil.
Consider mixing peat with the soil when planting. Then, each year you can also add 1-2 inches of mulch to retain the soil's moisture.
2. Watering: These irises prefer water (pondside feature, anyone?), so make sure to water as needed to keep the soil moist—especially if you choose to plant it in a pot.
3. Fertilizing: To help this plant grow to its optimal height and health, fertilize their pots or beds in early spring and again just after bloom.
4. Pruning: Your iris will die back naturally, so it requires no pruning. However, in the winter you may choose to cut down the stems (about 2 inches from the soil) for a cleaner look.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||1.5-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Iris sibirica 'Caesar's Brother'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|