* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Two Delicious Pear Varieties, One Easy-Growing Tree
Why 2-in-1 Pear Surprise Trees?
Don't settle for one type of pear when you can grow two different varieties on a single tree! This amazing two-in-one pick boasts unique, delectable varieties that deliver sweet and crisp flavor unlike any other.
From mid-summer until fall, your 2-in-1 Pear Surprise gives you home-grown pears for every recipe. Expensive trips to the supermarket for more fruit are now a thing of the past. And you'll have save space in your garden since you get two separate varieties grafted onto one easy-growing tree.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Each tree consists of two different pear varieties that have been carefully grafted onto a single healthy rootstock. As a result, each tree is strong, low maintenance, and ready to pump out tons of pears...all without any work from you.
Plus, because we've put in the hard work at our nursery to plant, nurture and ship your 2-in-1 Pear Surprise Tree with care, you'll be rewarded with fruit as soon as the first year!
While we can't guarantee the Pear varieties you'll get on this tree, you will get two varieties of delicious, home-grown fruit to enjoy for years to come!
But don't wait...delicious pears of your own await. Get your 2-in-1 Pear Surprise Tree today!
2-in-1 Pear Surprise Tree Pollination
2-in-1 Pear Surprise Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional 2-in-1 Pear Surprise Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Give your pear tree a location that features full sun and well-draining soil. Choose a bright, sheltered location, preferably with southern exposure.
Dig a hole three times the size and just as deep as the root ball. You want to be careful that the tree does not settle too low in the soil. After the hole is dug, carefully loosen and unwind any roots as necessary. Plant the tree so that the roots are spread in the hole and the entire root ball is covered with soil. Fill in the hole completely and gently remove air pockets that may have formed by tamping down with a spade. Water the tree thoroughly after the tree has been planted.
2. Watering: Water your pear tree as necessary giving it at least 1 or 2 inches of water once a week. When the weather gets hot and dry during the peak of summer, increase the amount of water to maintain proper hydration and moisture. Do not water the pear tree after the first frost in the fall. You should resume watering once the last frost has passed.
3. Pruning: When pruning, it’s important to trim the pear tree’s central leader to promote an upright position. If there are any competing branches present, remove them so that multiple leaders do not form. Maintain the tree’s natural shape by pruning large, lateral branches. Dead, dying or wilted branches should always be removed to help the Pear Tree focus its energy on growing healthy and producing an abundance of fruit.
4. Pollination: Harvest pears at the end of the growing season (October-November). Watch the fruit regularly, as it will require two to three weeks to harden before harvest. Pick pears when they have reached full color and size and are firm to the touch. Check the tree daily and pick fruit every two to three days until your harvest is complete.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||June - September|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Pyrus communis sp.|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Website easy to order. Came in quickly. Tree was strapped to inside of box so no damage or nothing moved. I planted immediately and it’s happy as a lark!