* Images shown are of mature plants
Picturesque, Pink Peony Blooms Year After Year!
Why Sarah Bernhardt Peony?
Sarah Bernhardt was a star of the French stage, and the peony that bears her name is sure to be the standout of your garden! The extra-large blooms unfold in densely-packed, pink petals, and set against vibrant green foliage, this peony will transport your landscaping to the French countryside!
The Sarah Bernhardt Peony has been a favorite for more than 100 years because of its ethereal color. Lined with a darker pink edging and carrying a light fragrance, each flower blooms for 7-10 days. It effortlessly adds lushness to any landscaping design and sophistication to any room when cut for arrangements!
The Sarah Bernhardt makes a romantic addition to your garden. The plant is just as well suited to being a focal point as it is part of a spring-blooming tableau. Plant it with other peonies or along borders and entryways for the prettiest color display.
No matter where you envision it, this fast-growing peony doesn’t take up much room in your landscaping, reaching heights and widths of two to three feet at maturity. What’s more, this low-maintenance grower will attract butterflies, while keeping animals like rabbits, deer, and other pests at bay.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Carefully grown and nurtured, you can be confident our varieties will arrive ready to flourish. You can expect healthier, well-developed root systems and exceptional growth, delivered straight to your door. You won't find this selection of quality plants anywhere else!
Add the delicate and lovely Sarah Bernhardt Peony to your garden today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant where it can receive full sun, although some partial shade is tolerated in the south and warmest areas of the west. Plant so that the buds at the top of the roots are pointing up. Cover with 1-2 inches of soil if you’re in the north, no more than one inch if you’re in the south.
2. Watering: Ensure moderate moisture and well-draining soil, about an inch of water per week throughout the growing season.
3. Fertilizing: An annual side-dressing of one inch of compost or aged manure will help this plant’s growth. No other fertilization is needed.
4. Pruning: Deadhead after flowering and cut back to the ground in winter after the first frost to encourage energy for next year.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Paeonia lactiflora 'Sarah Bernhardt'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Sarah Bernhardt Peony
Arrived in good condition and is already blooming. Gorgeous fat blooms! I love it. Going to buy more!