Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Full-Part Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hibiscus syriacus 'Minerva'
- Does Not Ship To:
Full, Hibiscus-Style Blooms for Weeks
Why Minerva Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs?
Pinkish-lavender blooms meet colorful red centers on dark-green foliage, creating amazing contrast for your landscape. And unlike other flowering plants, the Minerva Rose of Sharon Althea produces few seeds...meaning no mess and a profusion of blooms.
And it's stood the test of time. The U.S. National Arboretum introduced the Minerva Rose of Sharon Althea Shrub in 1986 as a refined and sophisticated cultivar that was more floriferous, amazingly heat tolerant, and even more vigorous than previous varieties. In fact, you won't even have to prune it to keep it flowering profusely.
Plus, it's drought-tolerant and deer resistant. All your Minerva needs to thrive is a bit of sun and water...no guesswork in growing when it comes to this exotic little shrub. From colorful borders to plant beds and beyond, Minerva makes a standout statement.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier Minerva...if you can even find one at all in big-box garden centers.
But when you order your Minerva from Fast Growing Trees, you get it all: A vibrant, easy-growing shrub, planted and grown with meticulous care. Now, you reap the hassle-free rewards with a Minerva that's ready to thrive in your landscape.
Merging easy care with unmatched elegance, the Minerva Rose of Sharon Aphrodite Shrub elevates any garden space. But don't wait...get your own Minerva today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Item arrived quickly and well packaged and very healthy looking. Very pleased.
I ordered three hibiscus plants and was so pleased at how quickly they came and the excellent way they were packaged so as to protect them. They’re planted and starting to grow and I’m so excited to see the beautiful flowers they’ll produce. Thank you so much!!
The shrub arrived sooner than we thought it would be. Packaged very nicely and in great shape. This plant looks better than if we picked it up at a local nursery.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your shrub in either full sun or partial sun (around 4 to 5 hours of sunlight per day is ideal). This shrub is very resistant to heat, drought, pollution and poor soil conditions, so just ensure you plant in well-drained soil.
Dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball, place your tree, backfill the soil and water the surrounding soil.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your tree's shipped container, use organic soil, and choose a sunny spot for your shrub.
2. Watering: Because of its drought resistance, you only need to water your shrub when you get less than one inch of rain in a week. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your tree every spring with a general-purpose fertilizer.
4. Pruning: You can prune to control the size of your tree. Cutting 2 to 3 buds on each branch will allow the tree to produce larger blooms the next season. Since this tree is such a late bloomer, only prune in late fall and winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|