* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Purple Color Throughout the Summer
Why Ardens Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs?
Transform your bare landscape spaces and get the best yard on the block. With the Double Violet Ardens casts, you get dimensional flourishes of huge purple flowers that sit against a backdrop of lush green foliage.
Forget plain privacy walls...this violet beauty will add elegance to all your natural screening designs. Plus, you'll have summer guests like hummingbirds and butterflies in no time.
Even better? The Ardens handles all types of soils and strong winds, along with drought, which makes it a perfect blooming tree for nearly any tough landscape conditions.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The only work for you will be deciding where to put it. That's because your Ardens is grown and nurtured for months ahead of shipping.
Unlike other nurseries or big-box retailers, we hand-select the Ardens so that you get the best results possible. Your tree will arrive with a healthier, more developed root system...no guesswork or hassle required.
But don't wait - rich blue blooms that last all summer long are just a click away. Order your own Ardens Rose of Sharon Althea Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the width of your plant's root ball and just as deep. Then, place your shrub, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Althea Shrub once or twice weekly in order to conserve soil moisture. If you're not sure when to water your shrub, check the soil with your index finger, about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize before new growth begins in the spring with a well-balanced blend, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Prune your Rose of Sharon in the winter, after flowering, in order to shape your shrub.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
All 3 arrived in great shape and I planted them right away.
This item came to me in a decent size there was buds on the bush already. So far I am pleased we will see how it does .
Shipping was fast! It is planted outside, with hay as mulch. I'm very hopeful it will survive the winter. I can't wait for it to bloom.
My mom recently passed away, her name is Sharon. When I seen this, I knew I had to get it. So far, I love it.
Great, beautiful tree.