* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Rose of Sharon Flowers in Unique Blue Color
Why Bluebird Rose of Sharon Hibiscus Shrubs?
Delivering large, beautiful blue blooms with a purple/red contrast and a white center, the Bluebird Rose of Sharon Althea Shrub makes an unparalleled statement. Plus, it's versatile, shining near entryways, on your patio, or planted near corners of your home.
The Bluebird is easy to grow in all soils, including clay. Though it prefers moderate moisture, it is drought tolerant. If you don't appreciate deer nibbling away at your garden, the Rose of Sharon Althea is deer resistant. Basically, there's nothing this powerful little shrub can't handle.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Unlike the Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs found at big-box stores or your local nursery, your Bluebird is shipped directly to your door with a well-developed root system and better branching.
That means you have a greater chance of long-term success in your garden. Once your Rose of Sharon arrives at your door, it's ready to grow above and beyond, without any fuss required from you.
Brighten up your landscape today. The Bluebird Rose of Sharon Althea Shrub is a carefree pick that doesn't require muss or fuss. Grab yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in full sun (around 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily), in an area with well-drained soil. Once you've selected your location, dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your shrub's shipped container. Use organic soil, place your shrub, and select a sunny spot.
2. Watering: Generally, you'll want to water your shrub about once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, check your shrub's soil about 2 or 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Use a well-balanced fertilizer in the spring to encourage blooming, and follow label instructions.
4. Pruning: In late winter to early spring, prune each new shoot to just a few buds by cutting or pinching off the others. Larger blooms will result.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus 'Bluebird'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Lore B
great packaging but I’m waiting to see if it actually comes to life in spring. If it does it will be worth the $$ as it was expensive!
Please let us know in Spring if you have any concerns with the plant waking up!
Very good service
I PLANDED WHEN I GOT IT. RIGHT NOW IT IS IN FULL BLOOM.
Rose of Sharon
It came fast and very well packed wish I could ordered a bigger one. It does have buds and they should be opening this season. I lost one over the last year that was at least 10 ft high and probably that. Width across and I hope to see a lot of growth at my age of 79 yrs . Thank you, Lore B