Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-8 ft.
- Full-Part Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hibiscus syriacus 'Aphrodite'
- Does Not Ship To:
Full Two-Tone Blooms for Weeks
Why Aphrodite Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs?
Horticulturists at the U.S. National Arboretum introduced this superb plant in 1988, it's charmed professional landscapers and home gardeners alike ever since. Also known as the Aphrodite Hibiscus, this gorgeous shrub delivers two-tone color, a long bloom season, and hummingbird-friendly flowers.
Unlike other hibiscus cultivars, Aphrodite's flowers keep coming over a long season, typically emerging in a show of vibrancy from June to September. Sometimes, the vibrant blooms even persist 'til the first frost of autumn!
Even better? The Aphrodite couldn't be easier to grow. Growing in both sun and partial shade, the Aphrodite Rose of Sharon Althea isn't finicky. Basically, you get some of the most vivid colors imaginable with virtually no work on your part.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order your Aphrodite Rose of Sharon Althea from Fast Growing Trees, you get it all: A vibrant, easy-growing shrub that's also planted and grown with care. Now, you reap the hassle-free rewards with an Aphrodite Rose of Sharon Althea that's ready to thrive in your landscape, effortlessly.
Don't wait...get the easy care and unmatched elegance for yourself today. Vibrant two-tone blooms and month-after-month color await. Get your own Aphrodite today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
This shrub arrived healthy and is doing well in the garden.
Plants came on time and in great shape. So far, so good
I planted my Althea in a spot that has a little bit of clay; added some top soil for the heck of it. Growth has been continuous from the start. Packaging is always awesome.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your shrub in either full sun or partial sun (around 4 to 5 hours of sunlight per day is ideal). This shrub is very resistant to heat, drought, pollution and poor soil conditions, so just ensure you plant in well-drained soil.
Dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball, place your tree, backfill the soil and water the surrounding soil.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your tree's shipped container, use organic soil, and choose a sunny spot for your shrub.
2. Watering: Because of its drought resistance, you only need to water your shrub when you get less than one inch of rain in a week. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your tree every spring with a general-purpose fertilizer.
4. Pruning: You can prune to control the size of your tree. Cutting 2 to 3 buds on each branch will allow the tree to produce larger blooms the next season. Since this tree is such a late bloomer, only prune in late fall and winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|