Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 5-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-6 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Weigela ‘Red Prince’
- Does Not Ship To:
Dark Foliage + Bright Weigela Blooms
Why Wine and Roses Weigela Shrubs?
• dark glossy foliage resembles a deep red wine
• bright pink blooms resemble roses
• one of the few reblooming weigelas
• landscapers love using this plant in high-end neighborhoods
Unique Color You Won't Find in Other Plants
The Wine and Roses Weigela's leaves are a dark, rich burgundy color that works as a perfect complement to the bright pink flowers it produces. You see these often in high traffic areas like along sidewalks, driveways, and patios.
One of the Few Reblooming Weigela Varieties
Beginning in late spring, you'll see your shrub smothered with fluorescent dark pink blooms. The show doesn't stop- it keeps blooming all throughout summer!
Looks Great in Any Landscape
This deciduous shrub is a reasonable and manageable size, 5 feet tall at maturity, making it an excellent spotlight plant. Really stands out in groups of 3 or 5. If you plant it along, we suggest putting them near the corners of your home or near entryways like your front door.
Low Maintenance Plants that can Grow Almost Anywhere
Though it prefers well-drained soil, this shrub is highly adaptable to different soil types, making it a viable choice in almost any part of the country.
The Wine and Roses Weigela, with distinctive colors from spring through fall, serves as an incredible accent element to gardens, border planting or any decorative landscape plan.
We recommend getting 3-gallon weigelas if they're still available. You'll get tons of color, the first year! Perfect for impatient gardeners!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The top benefit of our Wine and Roses is its strong start. Since we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Weigela with absolute care, it’s ready to thrive once it arrives at your door. We’ve nurtured each Wine and Roses from day one, right at our nursery, so that you reap the elegant rewards of long-lasting color plus a stunning silhouette that shines with virtually zero maintenance.
Get an effortless look that’s second to none in your own landscape, in flower beds, foundation plantings and beyond. Get your own Wine and Roses today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
2. Watering: Water your Wine and Roses regularly during the first growing season, or about once per week. You may need to water more often during times of extreme heat. But if you’re not sure when to water your Weigela, however, simply check the soil about 2 to 3 inches down – if the soil is dry here, it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: Pruning is not necessary for your Wine and Roses Weigela – simply space your plantings to allow your Weigela to grow naturally. If you want a more formal appearance, prune annually after the second flowering period at the end of summer.
4. Fertilizer: Fertilize your Wine and Roses with a slow-release solution before new growth begins in the spring.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|