* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||Up to 1 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-2 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Erica Carnea ‘Springwood Pink’|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, GA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-7 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-7 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Wash the Winter Blues Away with Springwood Pink Winter Heath
Why Springwood Pink Winter Heath?
This evergreen groundcover is the answer to your winter blues! Springwood Pink Winter Heath blooms in flushes of small, pink, urn-shaped flowers in the winter to perk up the bleak and blustery days of the season. Come January-March, you’ll have a sea of pink running through your yard!
But don’t worry! It’ll also provide color and texture in spring and summer with lush, green, pine-needle-like foliage, which creates a dense cover, perfect for rock gardens, sloped areas, and near mailboxes or steps. Planted in groups, it’ll make a particularly impactful display.
Native to the Alps, you know this plant was made to stand the cold temperatures! It’s also easy to grow and care for, so planting and maintaining this variety is a breeze. Enjoy its disease and pest resistant qualities, as well.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
If you’re looking for a colorful groundcover to brighten your winter landscape, Springwood Pink Winter Heath is the pick for you! Reliable, cold-tolerant and cheerful, pink color – what more could you need?! Order your Springwood Pink Winter Heath today and say goodbye to those winter blues!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location with full sun to partial shade and well-drained soil – full sun translates to about 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day, but since this plant tolerates partial shade, areas with 4 hours of sunlight daily should suffice.
Avoid planting in areas with clay. Like other Heaths, the Springwood Pink prefers acidic soils that are well-draining. Sandy-loam mixtures are best. To amend your soil, try adding peat moss and sand to achieve the right texture.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s about one and a half to two times your plant’s root ball, place the root ball, backfill the soil, and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Once established, your plant will only need occasional watering, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water your Heath about once weekly or check the surrounding soil…if the surrounding soil is dry about 2 or 3 inches down, it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: If pruning is desired, prune right after flowering is complete.
4. Winter Protection: You can choose to cover with mulch or straw come wintertime, but most Heaths can tolerate snow, as it insulates them during the colder months.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|