|Mature Height:||8 ft. pruned|
|Mature Width:||5-10 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus latifolia|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Versatility Merges with Organic Growth
Why Organic Persian Lime Trees?
Distinct flavor in a sumptuous, seedless fruit. The Persian Lime Tree is an organically-grown staple that belongs in the limelight. Not only is this garden star a great patio plant that produces indoors, with large limes nearly the size of lemons, but it’s also a hardy plant that’s drought tolerant and pest resistant.
One of the most popular lime varieties available, the Persian Lime Tree produces iconic lime-green fruit, bolstered by a rich citrus taste that populates its branches season to season. Persian Limes offer a savory blend, a mix between a key lime and a lemon, without the seeds, acidity or bitterness. This tree’s full size brings forth a huge bounty of delectable fruits – a harvest that’s simply unbeatable.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The best part? You can harvest these organically-grown limes right at home. Plant your Persian Lime Tree in a pot and place it by a sunny window in any space – the Persian Limes will grow plentifully, despite being indoors.
Plus, because we’ve planted and greenhouse-grown your Persian Lime over several months, you get a proven performer that’s USDA-certified organic.
Order your Persian Lime Tree today to enhance your garden in the most versatile, delectable way!
Persian 'Bearss' Lime Tree - USDA Organic Pollination
Persian 'Bearss' Lime Tree - USDA Organics are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Persian 'Bearss' Lime Tree - USDA Organic will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight...6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade but thrive in full sun.
These trees also do better in areas with high humidity so you may also need to create humidity for your tree by misting the leaves daily with water. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the tree as the water evaporates.
If your winter temperatures are consistently below 40 degrees, plant your tree in a container that can easily be brought outside in the summer months and inside in the winter. A planter with built-in casters is a good choice so it can easily be moved. Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil preferably recommended for acid-loving citrus plants.
Place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight. Supplement with a grow light if it will not receive full sun.
2. Watering: Be sure to give your tree a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system. After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
When ready to water your potted Persian Lime, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Persian 'Bearss' tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer once every six weeks. Espoma Citrus Tone is highly recommended, but any organic fertilizer specifically for citrus should suffice. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months, and make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pollination: You can pollinate your indoor trees by hand - simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
5. Pruning: Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Persian 'Bearss'.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Get exclusive offers, care tips and more!