* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Everything You Need to Plant Your Homegrown Orchard
Achieve your own backyard orchard with our Orchard Kit, complete with all the essential orchard fruits you need to enjoy healthful harvests and nonstop homegrown flavor. Plus, each of these varieties is self-fertile for easy growing.
In this kit, you’ll get:
- (1) 5-6 ft. 2-in-1 Apple
- (1) 4-5 ft. Stella Cherry
- (1) 5-6 ft. Elberta Peach
- (1) 4-5 ft. Shinseiki Asian Pear
Two apples are better than one! That’s where our space-saving 2-in-1 Apple Tree comes in handy. With two apple varieties on one tree, you’ll enjoy abundant fruits and flavors ranging from juicy and sweet to tart, August through October.
Add the Stella Cherry to the mix, and you can expect sweet, versatile fruit made for snacking, baking, canning and freezing. Plus, its size is perfect for limited space.
A highly sought-after peach, the Elberta Peach is quick-growing, great-tasting, resistant to insects and hardier than similar varieties. Its flavor makes it ideal for canning, baking and snacking.
The Shinseiki Asian Pear dazzles with its bright green leaves and golden yellow fruits that are crisp and desirable in salads, baked goods, meats and more due to its lower sugar juice content. It’s also very winter hardy and will delight with early-mid spring white blossoms.
Each of these fruit trees is fantastic on its own, but add them all together and you’ve got a full orchard to bite into. Order your Orchard Kit for flavorful fruit by the bundles!
Orchard Kit Pollination
Orchard Kits are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Orchard Kit will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your fruit trees in well-drained soil in a location where it will receive full sun (at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day). Protect your trees from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets. Finally, gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your trees moist. Generally, watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
- 2-in-1 Apple: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems which are quite common in the upper portion of the tree. Weak, damaged, dead or drooping branches should also be removed.
- Stella Cherry: A year after planting your tree, prune your tree during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
- Elberta Peach: Prune the first two years to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears, making your cuts at a 45-degree angle. Trim away any broken/dead branches and any that are criss-crossing by making your cut right below the dead wood.
- Shinseiki Asian Pear: When pruning, it’s important to trim the pear tree’s central leader to promote an upright position. If there are any competing branches present, remove them so that multiple leaders do not form. Maintain the tree’s natural shape by pruning large, lateral branches. Dead, dying or wilted branches should always be removed to help the pear tree focus its energy on growing healthy and producing an abundance of fruit.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-in-1 Apple: 10-15 ft.; Stella Cherry: 15-20 ft.; Elberta Peach: 15 ft.; Shinseiki Asaian Pear: 10-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-in-1 Apple: 8-10 ft.; Stella Cherry: 12-15 ft.; Elberta Peach: 10 ft.; Shinseiki Asaian Pear: 12-15 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||2-in-1 Apple: August-October; Stella Cherry: July; Elberta Peach: September; Shinseiki Asian Pear: August|
|Botanical Name:||Malus sp., Prunus avium 'Stella', Prunus persica 'Early Elberta', Pyrus serotina 'Shinseiki'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,WA, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|