* Images shown are of mature plants
Bundle & Save: More Cherries for Less
Cherries—we know ‘em, we love ‘em, but goodness are they pricey grocery items! But what if there was another way? With our Cherry Pollinator Pack, not only will you grow delicious cherries at home, but you’ll also increase your harvest size threefold (or more!).
Like all fruit plants, cherry trees produce more fruit when surrounded by other cherry varieties. That’s why our Cherry Pollinator Pack includes one 3-4 ft. Lapins Cherry Tree and one 4-5 ft. Bing Cherry Tree.
The Lapins Cherry grows up to 20 ft. tall and, in the right growing conditions, produces some fruit in the first year! It’s cold-hardy down to -10°F, so you can plant it in the ground if you live in growing zones 5-8.
While your Lapins doesn’t need a pollinator to fruit, adding one nearby will boost its cherry production considerably. Ergo, we’ve paired it with our Bing Cherry in this bundle-and-save pollinator pack. You’ve likely tasted the Bing’s fruit at your local grocery store—this proficient tree delivers those dark, incredibly sweet cherries that can cost over $12 per pound!
Our Cherry Pollinator Pack is the perfect way to make your home a little—a lot—sweeter. Together, these trees will give you gallons of homegrown cherries for years to come. Bundle and save with this delectable deal!
Cherry Pollinator Pack Pollination
Cherry Pollinator Packs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Cherry Pollinator Pack will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a sunny spot that will give your cherries a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Although they will thrive in almost any kind of soil, avoid locations where the soil will remain soggy for prolonged lengths of time.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down and water to settle the roots. Spread a layer of mulch around the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your trees, prune during winter. Shape the trees to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10. Fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
FGT Pro Tip: Surround your cherry trees with a thin layer of mulch each spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||Lapins Cherry: 15-20 ft. Bing Cherry: 12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||Lapins Cherry: 10-15 ft. Bing Cherry: 10-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus avium 'Lapins'; Prunus avium 'Bing'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Compare Similar Products
- Lapins Cherry: 15-20 ft. Bing Cherry: 12-15 ft.
- Lapins Cherry: 10-15 ft. Bing Cherry: 10-15 ft.
- Full Sun
- 8 ft. pruned
- 3-4 ft.
- Partial to Full-Sun (Indoors near a bright window is fine)
- 10-15 ft. pruned
- 6-8 ft.
- 8 ft. pruned
- 5 ft.
- 8 ft. pruned
- 6-8 ft.
- 6-7 ft.
- 2-3 ft.