* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus 'Bluebird'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Rose of Sharon Flowers in Unique Blue Color
Why Bluebird Rose of Sharon Hibiscus Shrubs?
Delivering large, beautiful blue blooms with a purple/red contrast and a white center, the Bluebird Rose of Sharon Althea Shrub makes an unparalleled statement. Plus, it's versatile, shining near entryways, on your patio, or planted near corners of your home.
The Bluebird is easy to grow in all soils, including clay. Though it prefers moderate moisture, it is drought tolerant. If you don't appreciate deer nibbling away at your garden, the Rose of Sharon Althea is deer resistant. Basically, there's nothing this powerful little shrub can't handle.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Unlike the Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs found at big-box stores or your local nursery, your Bluebird is shipped directly to your door with a well-developed root system and better branching.
That means you have a greater chance of long-term success in your garden. Once your Rose of Sharon arrives at your door, it's ready to grow above and beyond, without any fuss required from you.
Brighten up your landscape today. The Bluebird Rose of Sharon Althea Shrub is a carefree pick that doesn't require muss or fuss. Grab yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in full sun (around 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily), in an area with well-drained soil. Once you've selected your location, dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your shrub's shipped container. Use organic soil, place your shrub, and select a sunny spot.
2. Watering: Generally, you'll want to water your shrub about once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, check your shrub's soil about 2 or 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Use a well-balanced fertilizer in the spring to encourage blooming, and follow label instructions.
4. Pruning: In late winter to early spring, prune each new shoot to just a few buds by cutting or pinching off the others. Larger blooms will result.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Lore B
I absolutely love this plant! It came packaged nicely and arrived quickly. It even had a few buds on it that bloomed the day after I planted it. I look forward to many years of enjoyment from this plant.
Very good service
I PLANDED WHEN I GOT IT. RIGHT NOW IT IS IN FULL BLOOM.
It came fast and very well packed wish I could ordered a bigger one. It does have buds and they should be opening this season. I lost one over the last year that was at least 10 ft high and probably that. Width across and I hope to see a lot of growth at my age of 79 yrs . Thank you, Lore B
Arrived safely packaged after a FedEx delay. Planted per included instructions. It has already set a blossom and has added a few buds. Looks like it's going to be a beauty. Good buy!