Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 30-40 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Thuja standishii x plicata
- Does Not Ship To:
The Fastest Growing Quality Evergreen
Why Thuja Green Giants?
The Thuja Green Giant quickly gives you a lush, rich privacy screen (3-5 feet per year once established). And it's:
- Drought tolerant
- Disease and insect resistant
- Easy-to-grow and very adaptable
You can block out neighbors while taking very little yard space. Thuja Green Giants grow in a uniform shape and height. You get that classic French Renaissance look without having to prune or shear. In fact, you don't have to do anything to them. They're drought tolerant and have no significant insect or disease problems.
So, you'll never have to worry about mixing chemicals or spraying these trees. Not prone to deer or bagworm problems. This is a tough tree. Resists ice and snow damage. Grows in almost any soil, even sandy loam or heavy clays. Prefers direct sunlight, but also does well in partial shade.
The Thuja Green Giant is the perfect fast-growing evergreen for a privacy hedge or wind screen. Plant one every 5 to 6 feet and they quickly create a dense barrier. You can easily trim them once a year to your desired height. Left unpruned, Thuja Green Giants planted in rows can reach as high as 30 to 40 feet. Your Thuja foliage stays soft and thick all year long.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Some nurseries dig Thujas out of the ground and send them bare rooted, or "ball and burlap." This can leave up to 90% of the roots behind. The tree can lose up to a year of growth, while struggling to replace it's root system. You also risk losing the tree, since it's less able to absorb vital nutrients and water.
Our Thuja Green Giants are hybrids grown from branch cuttings, not seed. They need to grow below the ground before they can grow above the ground. Some nurseries sell freshly rooted cuttings, that can take up to a year to reach the size and root mass of our one gallons.
But you can be assured that when you order from Fast Growing Trees, you are getting well-rooted Thuja Green Giants, ready for explosive growth.
And for quickest privacy, we now have a limited supply of large trees available. Order your own Thuja Green Giant before it's gone!
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Everything went well, just no tracking email
Trees arrived very quickly and were as described (might have a bit of brown from being in a box). But they bounced back fairly quickly. Planted them and they seem to be getting fuller.
I haven't used them yet but at least they have insured plants fee and if they do get a bad review they are the first responders to the comment in hopes to reassure that they will help you get the plant growing and possibly replace it .I know one thing I have seen all the reviews from other places such as Amazon and the plants come from all different places. Not insured and unsure if seeds or plants will grow or arrive on time.and one order turns into ten different places to receive plants from.its a mess. Atleast here they are plants and it is shipped straight from them.i would suggest on smarter moves to save time and money so you actually can say wow that's beautiful!!!!
We got the trees in the ground before lots of rain. They have actually done well with the shock of transport and transition. We also gave them Root Rocket so as they can get nutrients (our soil is clay type). Can’t wait to see them wake up and grow this spring!
I PURCHASED A 5-6 FT TREE LAST YEAR....VERY DISAPPOINTED...THE TOP OF THE TREE IS BROWN...MY GARDENER TELLS ME IT IS THE SUN....I LIVE IN CA. THE TREE WAS PLANTED IN A PROTECTED AREA...UP AGAINST A FENCE....THE TREE HAS NOT GROWN A INCH...NOT FOR LACK OF CARE...WOULD NOT ORDER ANOTHER...LOTS OF HYPE...NO SHOW!
We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your thuja! We'll reach out privately to get some photos and see what we can do to help!
Received all 5 last week. Very well packed and delivery was FAST...Just got them planted a week ago...Look good so far...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: This is a large landscape tree and as such, requires a bit of planning before planting. First, measure the area where you would like to plant your hedge or row. You will primarily need the length of the area of planting to estimate the number of trees you need. When planting, dig a hole for each tree that is three times as wide as the root ball but just as deep. You don’t need to add anything to the planting hole. Place the tree, fill in around the tree with the same soil you took out when initially digging the hole. Finally, tamp down as you fill to cut back on any air pockets from forming, water the tree, then mulch to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: For the first two weeks, water your new tree every other day by holding a hose around it and counting to 20. If you don’t have a hose, 2 large watering cans full of water will do (smaller trees may only need a light soaking so a single can may suffice). The second two weeks, switch to watering every three days with the same method mentioned above. After the first month, water once a week unless it is dry and hot (no rain and temperatures above 80 degrees). If it is hot and dry, water twice a week. After the first six months, the trees will be established and won’t need any extra water. Your natural rainfall should be sufficient at this stage.
3. Fertilizing: Your Thuja should not need any extra fertilizer unless your entire lawn and garden has problems and needs regular fertilizing. A balanced tree and shrub fertilizer in the beginning of spring is best if applying fertilizer.
4. Pruning: You won’t have to prune this tree if you are growing it with enough space for it to maintain its naturally graceful pyramid shape. If you’re growing several close together as a hedge, you can shear the plants yearly after the final frost.
5. Deer Resistance: Possibly the best feature of this evergreen is that deer don’t favor the taste. If you live in an area with heavy deer pressure, spray your Thuja Green Giants every 3 to 6 months with deer repellent. That’s all the protection you need.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 & above||Free Shipping!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 or 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of April 29th|
|Zones 5||Week of April 14th|
|Zones 6||Week of April 7th|
|Zones 7-11||Ships Now!|