Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉) 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Persea americana 'Hass'
- Does Not Ship To:
The Most Popular Avocado on the Market
Why Hass Avocado Trees?
The popular, tasty Hass, now home-grown and ready to enjoy much sooner than seed-grown fruit. Supermarket trips are a thing of the past when you're growing your own Hass Avocado Tree at home. And because the Hass is so expensive in stores, you save time and money.
Best of all, our Hass Avocado fruit's unique flavor tastes better than store-bought. You'll save hundreds of dollars, especially since you can expect your tree to produce fruit year after year for 40+ years. The Hass's creamy inner flesh is delicious for everything, from classic uses in salads or guacamole to cooking and complementing the ever-popular avocado toast.
For best results (and to take the guesswork out of growing), we've taken hardy avocado rootstock and grafted it onto a cutting from a mature avocado tree, proven to produce delicious fruit. We've done all the work in our process, which results in robust avocado growth. Outdoors, this fruit-bearing tree will reach heights of 15 to 20 feet and a width of 5 to 8 feet at full maturity. But when it's container-grown, it will reach a height between 5 to 7 feet, allowing easy harvesting.
But what sets our Hass Avocado Tree apart?
- Seed-grown trees could take up to a decade to produce fruit, or never produce avocados - with our Hass, you can enjoy avocados now.
- Your home-grown Hass Avocados will produce the same delectable taste, season after season, since we've grafted our trees for consistent results.
- You'll save time and money since you no longer have to buy store-bought fruit.
So, is there anything better than your own avocados, grown right from home and ready to enjoy? Order your Hass Avocado Tree today!
Hass Avocado Tree Pollination
Hass Avocado Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Hass Avocado Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Hass Avocado
HAVE LITTLE AVOCADOS ON TREE SO FAR.
I WAS WONDERING THAT I WAS GETTING TINY BLACK ANTS THAT I NEVER SAW BEFORE, MOSTLY AROUND THE FLOWERS AND BUD, ARE THEY OKAY OR SHOULD I SPRAY THEM, LOVE THE TREE..EXCITING
Lovely Hass avocado tree
The tree arrived quickly, well packaged and in great shape. I was toward the larger size of the description. I repotted and he's doing great. Lots of new growth. Also had Male and female kiwis with this order and they were great. I really was most interested in the avocado and was not disappointed.
Waiting in anticipation
My order arrived one day earlier. I ordered the thornless blackberries and 4-5ft hass avocado. Avocado tree was taller than expected. The leaves on the tree looks droopy. I called fgt and the lady said it will take a couple weeks for the leaves to perk up. I'm very anxious to see how it will look then and to eventually see it blossom and bare fruits. Will update in a couple weeks.
One tree arrive OK the Second was Not. Customer service issues
Overall this experience was ok. One Hass Avocado arrived fine and as advertised. The second was over 6’ tall and it looks awful. It’s a 6ft green stick with all the leaves at the top. Tree is not the advertised 4-5ft established tree they advertised. After reaching out and hearing nothing back I am beyond disappointed again with the service. Just another song and dance about how it’s normal... I would strongly suggest you just go buy local. Also had a citrus tree arrive extremely damaged.
We are so sorry that you had issues with your plants upon arrival! It looks like we were able to help get this resolved but please let us know if we can help with anything else!
Really Fast Growing
Purchased tree Jan 31, 2019. It had one leaf on it and it eventually fell off. Forward to April 7 and I already have avocados growing! I live in Houston. Great tree, fast shipping, and excellent quality.
Planting & Care
1. Location: Although partial sun will suffice, to produce avocados in abundance, make sure you choose a planting area that gives your Hass Avocado Tree full sun. Spacing with the Hass is important as well. Give your avocado tree about 15 feet of space from other trees and plants.
2. Planting: Plant your Hass Avocado Tree when the ground is warm. The best months for planting are typically March through June, depending on where you live. Dig a hole twice as large as the tree's root system, carefully plant the tree and cover the roots. Tamp the soil down around the tree's root system to remove all air pockets. Using a small diameter wooden pole, stake the tree with a garden stake and tie the tree to the pole loosely using cotton twine. This will help keep the tree protected during windy conditions. Finally, apply 3 inches of bark chips around the tree to help with moisture retention and prevent the growth of weeds.
3. Watering: When planting, water your young avocado tree to be sure it is sufficiently hydrated. Otherwise allow the soil to dry between waterings. A thorough watering once weekly is generally all your avocado needs, however.
While the roots prefer to stay on the dry side, avocado leaves love humidity. Indoor Avocados will do best if misted daily, especially when you are running heat during cooler months. You can also use a humidifier or fill your pot's saucer with rocks and add water; place your plant on the rocks ensuring the bottom of the pot is above the water line.
4. Pruning: Prune the Haas avocado lightly to maintain appearance or to remove damaged branches during the first few years after planting. Pruning should be done in the spring.
5. Fertilizer: Fertilize the Hass Avocado tree in the spring, summer, fall and winter, after the tree has been planted for one year using a well-balanced fertilizer.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|