Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Statement Pink to Plum Color
Why Red Dragon Japanese Maple Trees?
One of the most gorgeous trees available on the market today, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple Tree is known for its brilliant shades of crimson and scarlet foliage throughout the seasons. Spring arrives with a burst of bright ruby red foliage that is vivid and showy. As summer approaches, Red Dragon's foliage ages to a rich warm burgundy, adding an air of elegance to any outdoor living space. When autumn rolls in, Red Dragon turns fiery red for a striking punch of color.
And it's versatile. Maturing to heights of just 8 to 12 feet with a similar spread, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple is considered somewhat petite in stature by tree standards, making it an ideal choice for smaller garden spaces. This tree carries the show as a single specimen and is also exceptional when grouped in threes for accent anywhere. You can even keep Red Dragon in a decorative container.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple is more sun tolerant than most Japanese Maples and is moderately drought tolerant once it's established. Plant it by a pond or water feature, or simply put one by a seating bench so you can sit by it and take in its showy beauty.
But the best part? We've planted, grown and nurtured each Red Dragon Japanese Maple for success, so you get a long-lived specimen you love...as well as healthy roots and a head start on growth, delivered right to your door.
It's so easy to add color and interest to a garden or landscape with the Red Dragon. Order your own Red Dragon today!
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
The tree is doing great
Not doing well very disappointed
I have purchased many items and have always been satisfied with the quality of products to date I have not lost any plants/trees. Based on the aforementioned I decided to purchase the maple online instead of going to my local nursery. I planted exactly according to directions supplementing the soil as well as digging a large hold; well drained soil, etc., etc., although it looks dead. I am hoping it's just in shock and that it will survive although it was doing so well not sure went wrong.
Excellent! Arrived in perfect shape!
Tree is a little flimsy but growing.
My tree came well packaged and already leafed out. Tree is a little flimsy but its growing. I immediately planted it into a large pot that was prepared for the tree. Its been about 3 weeks now and still doing good, has a few leaves that are curling from the shock of moving. I hope it makes it this first year. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Last name is spelled Bougher
The leaves have all sprouted and it looks great.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Red Dragon. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the tree, back fill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The “average” amount of water supplied to most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple Tree. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your Japanese Maple in early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|